StromTrooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weren't we shielded from ads when we were logged in until, well, today I think? Is this going to stick? As a $tromtrooper I have to see ads now also?

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Use Firefox with the Ad block plug in and your issues will disappear.
I have never seen an ad on this forum and didn't know they existed until people started complaining some months ago.

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
The only ads you should ever see if you are a stromtrooper if you have a premium account are for site vendors. This means you see only one ad position for vendors that sell products for you. If there has been any changes to what you have seen as far as ads please let me know. There have always been ads on this site from the beginning.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
The only ad I ever see when Ad Blocker is turned off is a small banner about an inch below the Google Search box.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Administrator, the ads I am now seeing are new to me. I did not see anything before as long as I maintained my premium membership.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Administrator, the ads I am now seeing are new to me. I did not see anything before as long as I maintained my premium membership.
Ditto that.

And, yes, the banner ads are the new ones I'm seeing also. And yes, adblocker works well. Was just surprised to see yet another level, not expecting that when logged in and a paying member.

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
You never before saw an adbanner that said motorcycle.com when you where a premium member? that was a place holder for supporting vendor banners. If you scroll to the bottom you will see the ad that you see at the top corresponds with vendors that are here on the site as supporting vendors. Also please read the payments page it says less ads not no ads.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/payments.php

·
Administrator
1,131 Posts
Correction, you did not see any ads before at all, I just talked to ad traffic. Normally there would have been the motorcycle.com adbanner in place but because we had no active supporting vendor accounts on the site there was no placement for them. The one current ad position you see is for the supporting vendors you see at the bottom of the forum with their own sections.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Still had issues. pop up blocker in preferences checked. Add blocker plus added and all is better now. This only started happening this week for me. I still have adds from vendors on the banner area.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
You never before saw an adbanner that said motorcycle.com when you where a premium member? that was a place holder for supporting vendor banners. If you scroll to the bottom you will see the ad that you see at the top corresponds with vendors that are here on the site as supporting vendors. Also please read the payments page it says less ads not no ads.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/payments.php
Well when I made my payment you were not the administrator. So I guess with new blood comes new burdens. So be it, but thanks for pointing me in the direction of the new rules, I will be sure the read them while considering weather or not to renew my premium membership.:thumbdown:

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
I made donations to the site for years when it was privately owned and still relatively small. With this new ownership model, I now think I'd rather not pay and let the ads support the site. It is now just a marketing vehicle anyway.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I made donations to the site for years when it was privately owned and still relatively small. With this new ownership model, I now think I'd rather not pay and let the ads support the site. It is now just a marketing vehicle anyway.
I had my adblocker off and just noticed this. Well then. What's the point of me sending in my money anymore? I was more than happy to send Brendan a few bucks to pay for the servers and whatnot, have been that way for years, but now... who gets the money now? Why should I care to send in my buck when I'm just gonna be milked for more money via ad clicks anyway?

:(

·
Forum Admin
11,174 Posts
I believe all questions have been answered. I am closing this thread now, it has deteriorated into a complaints log. Please address any further issues via PM to Administrator.

Ray

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.