StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if they are in business?

I ask as my attempts to contact them (several emails, account reset attempts) and a call were all unsuccessful.

Thanks for any feedback!

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts

I ask as my attempts to contact them (several emails, account reset attempts) and a call were all unsuccessful.

Thanks for any feedback!
I see their ads currently in moto mags. Good company, good products. It has been a rough winter. I'm sure they're still around. Maybe an escape from winter.

·
Registered
107 Posts

Thanks for any feedback!
I have had dealings with them as recently as April 8. They were great at helping me resolve an issue I had with soldered connections breaking on their light kit for the Givi top case.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lol, I just skim read the subject line and thought.........
"He wants to add more lighting the the V-Strom??":jawdrop:
The best lit bike I have ever ridden.

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Lol, I just skim read the subject line and thought.........
"He wants to add more lighting the the V-Strom??":jawdrop:
The best lit bike I have ever ridden.
see, this is why the name of the company is great! I've never bought from them, but I've always known exactly what the company does.

Unfortunately for them, their market is easily poached from the big fish (GIVI) and the cheap knockoffs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I ordered and installed their kit for my Givi just in the last 4 weeks. They answered my email promptly so maybe their away for a bit or might be having computer trouble. The light kit works great.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I'm a big admore fan. :hurray: Hate riding without their lights. Installed on scooter and Wee. They responded to my query for explicit instructions earlier this week asking me to hold off on the install of my latest harness purchase while they sort out some issues with the new GSs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I e-mailed them about two weeks ago, thought i never got a response, then checked my junk folder, they e-mailed me, then again when they didn't get a response.

I thought they were being jerks, turns out windows mail was the jerk.. :furious:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Received Reply.. Sort of

Firstly, as far as having extra lighting on a cycle, I'm in favor more rather than less. This is fuleed by experience (riding since 14 in the dirt, 17 on the street and 56 now). YRMv, but that's my take on the subject.

My reaons for contacting AdMore was to inquire about a modified mounting arrangement similar to that performed for a poster over on the NT-Owners forum at this post:

[How To] Admore LED lighting for GIVI Monokey E55 top case

Scan down to the entry by CoolNT and take a look at the bottom mount provided by AdMore for his mounting. This takes advantage of the through-hole locations on both the E55 aqnd the mounting plate/rack. I believe this will lessen the chance of accidental damage to the wiring, in comparison to the standard AdMore wiring for the E55. Less hanging out in the open to be banged into or snagged. Persoopinion but a conclusion born of seeing such things occur too many times in the past on similar arrangements (automotive, dive gear, other bike accessories, medical egar at work, etc).

AdMore did contact me via telephone or should I say a message was left for me on our answering machine at home. A little flat and indicating they have been experiencing a few technical issues. Strange that others seem to have recieved answers recently and I am getting reponses from others sources to my emails sent (and no, AdMore isn't geting routed to any blocking/spam folders arrangements). I've checked my mail servers history and there has been no received correspondence from AdMore. Shame. Perhaps I'll have to go old-school and do snail mail....

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Penny-tech solution

I see. I don't like the external connection at the front of the box, either. I seldom carry a passenger. Hence, I don't have a backrest. If I did, the external connector would be exposed. Same for strapping on cargo.

I have had admore make extended harnesses for me before - I ran the connector on my E52 as shown in your linked pics. Out the bottom in the rear.

For my new E55, that would require an extended harness and a long, internal wire run. Instead of that, here is my solution to protect the internal connector. Uses stock admore harness and cost a couple of bucks.

Overview, note the tape over the Givi plate. On the E52, the screws were the right height to scratch a face shield - as I notices as I set out on on a 1000-mile ride. Not sure about the E55, but why take the chance.

I got a 2" OD pvc connector from the home center. Cut it to 3/4", notched for the wiring and the sit level with the internal ridge in the topcase. Some gorilla tape to hold wiring and protector in place. Viola. I had planned to remove it and paint it black, but I haven't had time and am less annoyed by the white ring that I would have thought.

Having the internal connector sit level on the bottom using the stock harness and as out-of-the-way as possible places constraints on the external connector orientation. This is at the limit of the reach of the stock external harness after safely securing the circuit board under the seat - I damaged one with careless placement previously.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm wondering about Admore as well. I bought a light kit for my E41 side bags but there is a fault in it. I've emailed twice and received an automated response stating that they'd get back to me with a day but haven't heard back since and it been a week. Tried phoning once but there was no answer or answering machine.

I'll try phoning on Monday...

2007 DL650 New rider, first bike!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts