StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I wanted to share with you my recent installation of the AdMore Lite Bar. It's a slightly different take on the install from the other thread in this forum. I wired the Lite Bar along with the AdMore Givi light kit that I already had. It's all wired to an Eastern Beaver Brake/Tail/Signal adapter.

The installation was easy and the Lite Bar looks great mounted to my Adventure MotoStuff Givi rack. It's bright during the day and VERY bright during the night. I highly recommend this product if you want good visibility.

Here are a couple of pictures with short explanations of what they show. Please let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

Lite Bar wires and Givi light kit wires connected to Eastern Beaver adapter using 2-into-1 Posi-Lock connections, as well as two Posi-Tap connections.

Connections cleaned up with zip ties.

The Givi light kit wire loom is routed on the left, the Lite Bar loom on the right. The wires are running between the tail piece and side panels. I used a Dremel to grind out a bit of tail piece plastic to let the loom through.

The Lite Bar installed under the Adventure MotoStuff Givi rack. It was as simple as using two bolts to connect the Lite Bar bracket to the already existing cutouts in the rack.

Givi E52 top case with AdMore Lighting light kit and AdMore Lite Bar, lights on during the day.

Lights on during the night.

Lights on during the night, hazard lights (blinkers) on to show both top case and Lite Bar functionality.

Please note that I also have Buel Ulysses turn signals with superbrightleds.com LED bulbs, as well as LED bulbs in the tail light.

I wanted to thank AdMore Lighting for making these great LED products for our bikes. They look great and greatly increase visibility. With such easy installation, anyone should be able to handle this project in one easy afternoon.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to add that I also have a video of my LED setup at night. :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Service above and beyond the call of duty from Admore

I recently purchased the Admore mini-light bar and also LED lights for my sidecases. Well, wouldn't you know, after the installation the LED lights on one of the sidecases didn't work. After much head scratching I contacted Admore and boy, they jumped right on it. David asked some questions and we couldn't figure it out by email, so he literally came right to my garage with a box of parts and rolled up his sleeves to take a look. Well (blush) it turns out that it was "operator error", namely that the connector running through the side of the case had been way over-tightened and in the process had broken the electrical connection inside. Absolutely not Admore's fault.

David was more than gracious and showed me the problem, replaced the broken part and tested the whole system to be sure it was working 100%. Then sat and shot the breeze with me in my garage (did I mention it was a dark and rainy night).

I think Admore makes a great product but their service and commitment to their customers can only be described as "second to none". Kudos David and I am definitely going to order their new front running LED lights... apparently they will fit perfectly on the handguards of a Vstrom.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
The guys at AdMore are terrific, as are their products. I posted a little "how-to" on their Givi LED kit shortly after I got the Vee. After almost 4 years and 30k + miles, they still work great.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I just put an Admore Light Bar (not the mini) on my DL1000. I also have the Adventure MotoStuff Givi rack and the install looks wonderful.

Two things....

1) the Eastern Beaver connector made the install very very simple. I am not a big fan of PosiTaps (mainly just because they look big and bulky) and the EB cable let me solder things in with ease.

2) I put a mounted a switch under the seat because I wanted to run the unit with the taillight off during daylight hours, but be able to keep it on if I changed my mind later.

The unit is high quality and is BRIGHT. Like burn your retinas BRIGHT.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Two thumbs up for Admore

I sometimes feel bad because I get so much useful information from Stromtroopers but I seldom have anything to contribute.

But after a couple of years, I had some dead cells in the LED running lights that I bought from Admore. When I called them to ask about ordering a replacement... wouldn't you know it, David himself answered my email, expressed great concern about the problem and immediately offered to remove and install a replacement part at no cost.

Wow, it's a rare and wonderful thing to find a company that really believes in and stands behind their products. So we got it all done last night and I was happily zooming around in the darkness, all lit up. I also treated myself to their new brake light kit for my Givi 46... really nice.

So two thumbs up for Admore. You can find them on-line and also through A Vicious Cycle.:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts