StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the Admore LED kit in my Givi V35 bags on my ABS Wee this weekend. I drilled the connector hole with the bags off the bike, and when I installed the racks and went to put the right side bag on, I found the exhaust heat shield is interfering with the connector. I don't think I have enough cable to run the connector far enough down that it won't hit the heat shield. Admore says lots of V-Strom owners have used these, so it sounds like it must be operator error. Can anyone who has this kit give me some guidance, with some photos if possible?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
I had the same problem and had to re-drill the right side bag to position the connector a bit higher. You are right that going low enough to clear the muffler will run you out of wire.

If you email Admore they will send you a set of plugs that will fill the first hole perfectly (see the second picture).

Good luck,

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That's exactly what I needed. I guess I should have done the re-assembly before I drilled. Looks like I'll be needing one of those plugs! It's a nice kit, but I do wish they'd included enough cable to route it below the exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts