StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
are you referring to the adjustment of the valve actuator? As far as I can tell from the service manual, there is no adjustment to be made to the valve itself.
Assuming you know that and know the procedure (and have an sds tool), the specs are:
valve fully closed: 0.45 - 1.40 V
fully opened: 3.60 - 4.55 V

·
Registered
528 Posts
the cables are not measured for tension. You need to disassemble/remove the cables, and then adjust the amount of cable protruding from the housing (not counting the shaft at the end of the cable). Cable #1 (the one on the left when looking at the pully) : 46-47mm. Cable 2: 52.3 - 53.3 mm.
BUT, there is a certain order of steps in doing this disassemble. It takes up several pages in the manual. It's a fair bit complicated and you might want to use the manual.

-Mike

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just keep the cables taught or the F1 light will appear.
Do you really mean that both should be taught? On my bike the outer cable has some slack and the inner one is taught. If I remove the slack on the outer one, the F1 light comes on. Once I return the slack, it disappears.

That's why I ask what the proper spec should be.

pmk

·
Registered
528 Posts
Do you really mean that both should be taught? On my bike the outer cable has some slack and the inner one is taught. If I remove the slack on the outer one, the F1 light comes on. Once I return the slack, it disappears.

pmk
yea, I was going to respond to that post, as mine are the same as your's; slack in outer, taught inner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts