StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By not having a manual, I need to know how to adjust te throttle so there is virtually no slop before throttleling up. Its like all of a sudden the bike just takes off. Do not like that so how do I get rid of that?
Also on the clutch it seems to need adjusting also because there again, it goes into gear a little hard and while in 1st gear the bike seems to want to keep moving. Help please. I need a service manual, too

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Model and year?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
The throttle cable adjuster is just above the #15 mark though the bottoms of the cables at the throttle body also have adjustments. Be careful to leave a little slack or the mechanism will bind. Your description of the problem there does not seem consistent with a cable adjustment problem though unless it has some bind. Then and adjustment may be just what is needed. It sounds more like you are not yet used to the fact that the throttle revs up as soon as the slack is taken up. Some people go right to an aftermarket throttle like the G2 throttle tamer to make the initial take up gentler. Most people don't have a problem after a few weeks of practice.

You shouldn't need to do a clutch pushrod adjustment. It takes a lot of use and wear before that is needed. A clutch cable adjustment is normally done at #11 in FIG 49 and/or #12 in FIG 50. If the clutch biting point is right up against the grip, it may not be releasing fully, causing what you have described. On the other hand, the transmission will normally clunk in first and the clutch plates do like to stick together when the oil is cold. If you have some free play and the clutch bites away from grip, it may be another idiosyncrasy you need to get used to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts