StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen several posts on this but want to ask for something very specific.

I am looking for a someone that actually has a set of the aftermarket levers on their bike and can either tell me the exact model or a link to the ones they got.

Ideally I am looking for the ones where you can adjust the length of the lever itself.

Like these.

http://image.dhgate.com/albu_282148744_00/1.0x0.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I bought something similar once. I think they were $30 for the pair. They worked well for a few months but the adjustable part of the lever started to slip out to full length constantly which I found annoying and distracting. I tried tightening the screw and various other methods but nothing was working so I just replaced them with other short levers.

The second set of short levers were also cheap but the clutch side was not formed correctly for my 04 V and caused clutch to slip, so I finally broke down and bought some shorty folding Pazzo levers and have been a happy rider since.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can't answer your exact question about model for the Vee2, but I can tell you I was in your shoes a few months ago and decided to purchase a pair of shortly levers after reading all the feedback on the adjustable ones loosening up over time.
I purchased the ones below from another member on this board.

My opinion is that I like the shorty levers and their adjustments, but they do move around a little more (i.e. up and down) if you're messing with them than the stock levers. During normal riding, I do not feel the movement and they have been really nice to have on the bike.

Reactions: stormbytes

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But you installed them on a V2....
=)
Thanks that is what I was trying to see. your pictures answered the question.

I can't answer your exact question about model for the Vee2, but I can tell you I was in your shoes a few months ago and decided to purchase a pair of shortly levers after reading all the feedback on the adjustable ones loosening up over time.
I purchased the ones below from another member on this board.

My opinion is that I like the shorty levers and their adjustments, but they do move around a little more (i.e. up and down) if you're messing with them than the stock levers. During normal riding, I do not feel the movement and they have been really nice to have on the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts