StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I am looking to change the stock levers with adjustable ones as I sometimes use thicker gloves and with the grip puppies I'm having difficulties smooth controlling the clutch , especially in the stop-n-go situations

I have the OEM guards for now, maybe upgrade them to barkbusters, but I wanted to get confirmation from the community which one of the aftermarket, normal length adjustable levers, work with the OEM guards?

My baby is 2018 DL650 XTA

Thanks a bunch

Mike

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hello guys,

I am looking to change the stock levers with adjustable ones as I sometimes use thicker gloves and with the grip puppies I'm having difficulties smooth controlling the clutch , especially in the stop-n-go situations

I have the OEM guards for now, maybe upgrade them to barkbusters, but I wanted to get confirmation from the community which one of the aftermarket, normal length adjustable levers, work with the OEM guards?

My baby is 2018 DL650 XTA

Thanks a bunch

Mike
There is another thread on this topic, Have a look. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I put shorty levers on my 19 XT and with the stock hand guards they will only go out to a point before the stock guard hits the adjustment lever which changes it to a smaller size. It's fine for us as we prefer the levers close to the grip but if you wanted the adjustment to have the lever far out from the grip that could be a problem unless you cut a notch in the hand guard. If I remember right it really only happens when you push them way out from the grip. Sorry I don't remember the brand but they were not high end expensive ones, probably $40 or $50 from China.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is another thread on this topic, Have a look. :)
Hi Motorpsychology,

I did search the forums, hence my concerns regarding the hand-guard. Most reported fitting issues and I was looking for a suggestion from someone who actually did install ones with hand-guards.

I've emailed 3 manufacturers 2 of which high profile ones, but no one was able to give a straight answer, so collective wisdom is more important to me at for this decision

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put shorty levers on my 19 XT and with the stock hand guards they will only go out to a point before the stock guard hits the adjustment lever which changes it to a smaller size. It's fine for us as we prefer the levers close to the grip but if you wanted the adjustment to have the lever far out from the grip that could be a problem unless you cut a notch in the hand guard. If I remember right it really only happens when you push them way out from the grip. Sorry I don't remember the brand but they were not high end expensive ones, probably $40 or $50 from China.
Hi Mainext,

Would you be kind to post a picture? I need mine closer to the grip, so it might work

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Mainext,

Would you be kind to post a picture? I need mine closer to the grip, so it might work

Thanks
You'll see in the last photo how the lever fits just barely under the hard guard on the left side so if you wanted that adjustment lever full forward it won't work. Sorry for the late response.

20200504_055519.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts