StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help

I am planning the Northeast Strom Adventure for 2013 and I think it should be in the Adirondacks

Some of the routing should be on gravel/dirt roads ( not trails)

Unfortunately there is no longer a source for which roads are dirt vs paved

I am thinking that the base camp would be in Old Forge which is South West Adirondacks there seems to be some rural routes with the ride heading for high peaks area

So please if you know of nice roads dirt through or very good pavement (tracy rd) please PM me

I am hoping to be up there in October and would investigate some them

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't get that to do anything

It downloaded then it wouldn't go further ... help

·
Registered
176 Posts
I couldn't get that to do anything

It downloaded then it wouldn't go further ... help

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=209761663685098062374.0004579207cae9f414fdc&ll=44.300264,-74.277191&spn=0.397071,0.942078&t=m&z=10&vpsrc=6>[/URL]

try this just copy and paste it in the URL

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
adirondacks

Rich,
If you need a place to stay, any help or someone to ride with, pm me. Lake george is not too far away. I don't know if most people realize how much time and effort is involved in planning a ride. Thanks for the past two rides in Vt and NH.:thumbup:

·
Registered
439 Posts
The White Mountains was a blast, Rich. Thank you!

The Adirondacks look really fun but with few dirt roads that form dirt road loops. I could only find decent possibilities in the NW sector of the park.

If you want me to email you the tracks, PM me your addy -- the forum doesn't seem to like GPX uploads (... too bad!).

pmk

·
Registered
664 Posts
Purely for convenience, I would say it's worth considering a meetup/camping point either in the Southeastern part of the region, or in the High Peaks for scenery/accessibility.

Southwestern Adirondacks are a pretty long hike for anyone from most of the major metro areas... it's a long way from NYC, Philly, Boston, Quebec, etc. as well as being a fair hike for the Mainers, Vermonters, etc.

Not a big deal, just a thought...

I've not encountered much dirt in my travels through up there, I think because there is no logging on public land, there are barely any forest service roads.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Needless to say, I'm in.:fineprint:

As for GPX files, and uploading in general.
Use a file sharing service like DropBox, or email it to me (PM me to get my email) and I will help you upload it to DropBox. This is how we did this in the past events.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Adirondacks simply awesome!

The Adirondacks area is a beautiful place. I would highly recommend it to all the troopers. Ride safe!:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts