StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, gentleman. I would like to install an additional stop light on my bike. I will put it inside the lid of my top case Givi, or I will just stick it somewhere on the back of the bike. So the easiest way to connect it is to the + and - of the regular stop lights. But I was wondering if there is some connector provided by the manifacturer for this purpose, because I can see some unused connectors under the seat. Please see image:

Does anyone know what this connector is for? And if someone has already installed an additional stop light, please share your experience. Thank you, gentlemen.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Eastern Beaver makes a really nice break light adaptor. I used it to wire my Hyperlite Brake lights and turn signals. It works great and is easy to install.

Suzuki VStrom Electrics

Hope this Helps.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just installed an LED stop light that they use on the truck trailers. It's dirt cheap LED and it's FAR, FAR brighter then the Strom OEM. No special wiring required. It's got two wires for power. One came from the license plate light and it's always on, the other from the brake light. The overall power requirement is about 5+5 watts and it's within the range of the existing wiring.

Got rid of the housing, epoxied the lens to the LED plate which then made it about an inch thick and mounted it with SS nuts/nolts. It almost looks OEM.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
I just installed an LED stop light that they use on the truck trailers. It's dirt cheap LED and it's FAR, FAR brighter then the Strom OEM. No special wiring required. It's got two wires for power. One came from the license plate light and it's always on, the other from the brake light. The overall power requirement is about 5+5 watts and it's within the range of the existing wiring.

Got rid of the housing, epoxied the lens to the LED plate which then made it about an inch thick and mounted it with SS nuts/nolts. It almost looks OEM.
I have very nearly the same thing. Used a LED trailer light with the license plate lense on the bottom. Put it in place of the Strom license plate light. Works well and was cheap at Princess Auto.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have very nearly the same thing. Used a LED trailer light with the license plate lense on the bottom. Put it in place of the Strom license plate light. Works well and was cheap at Princess Auto.
Yup, that where this came from. Also got rid of the big license plate bracket, mounted the plate to the fender and got two small strip reflectors from them.

I tried it with the housing and it looks a bit ugly. Without the housing, it looks better but I got to figure out how to mount the license plate light. Once that's in, the rear is done and way better then OEM.

Ohh...and before I forget, it's DOT approved so cops/insurance companies can't argue about legality.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Check out AdMore Lighting LED Light Kits. They have a product called "Lite Bar" that has all tail/turn/stop functions. It's available in 2 sizes, and the LEDs are SUPER bright.

They're really nice people, and if you tell them I referred you, they will give you 10% off.

BTW: I am in no way compensated by, or affiliated with, AdMore. I just like companies that make a great product and stand behind it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you, guys. After I make it I will publish a photo to show you, but does anyone know something about the connector on the picture?

My bike doesn't have that connector (k8650A). What year/model is your bike?
My bike is model K8 and it is bought in Europe. As much as I know the Canadian and Australian models have some small differences in the electrical system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts