StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that just tears it... I want to be able to tie things down to the top of the Jesse's do not know why they do not put such a simple thing on all panniers to begin with...I mean it seems like a no brainer to me....

So I ordered these today Luggage Loops - Straps, Bungees & Accessories - More Packing Options - Packing it in :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

I am going to have to put them on bigger parts of the none flat part on each end to get all 4 but it is worth being able to tie extra stuff on in a dry bag or whatever else... As I am now if I ride alone I can fit everything and tie whatever bag behind me if anything in the pilon seat... with two people yeah not gonna fly...

I was searching to see if anyone had done this and found the bungie buddies but for me the ones I found look stronger. Will take pics once i get things done.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup those are the ones I orders... the black ones... I am not sure if I will manage to get 4 on the lids or not as one side has little room to work with... I would hope they are not discontinued like in the ADV thread inplied... as they are still very much listed on their site 3 years later... :headbang: I was tempted to go DIY but i factored against it

·
Registered
85 Posts
Inspired by another person on the forums that used drawer pulls as tie down points on a pelican 1550 top case. I went to ace hardware to look at options.

They have essentially those aerostich tie downs for $1.29ea.

There are other options too, including a black screen door handle that I'll use when I get my pelican top case.

Don't care about color. Even adding bolts and washer they'll be cheaper than the aerostitch stuff.

Drawer handle for a 3" tie down.

This what I'll probably use on my pelican top case when I get it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Inspired by another person on the forums that used drawer pulls as tie down points on a pelican 1550 top case. I went to ace hardware to look at options.

They have essentially those aerostich tie downs for $1.29ea.

There are other options too, including a black screen door handle that I'll use when I get my pelican top case.

Don't care about color. Even adding bolts and washer they'll be cheaper than the aerostitch stuff.

Drawer handle for a 3" tie down.

This what I'll probably use on my pelican top case when I get it.
Well hopefully I do not regret it they have shipped them out and should be here tomorrow only cost me $15 for 4 + fasteners its a wash in my book... not much a price difference for the convenience... I'll keep my fingers crossed they work out.. pics to follow as I will probably get them drilled/mounted Thursday

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok well received the handles but they didn't ship the tie down straps that i can utilize with these... Wth seriously I would rather hear stuff is not in stock before i order or have a choice ... will be calling them tomorrow to find out what the expected arrival time is for the straps. So far their communication on this outage is less then satisfactory ... I am leaving in 8 days ... if they can't give me an estimate tomorrow that remaining piece will be obtained elsewhere GRRR

·
Registered
1 Posts
ROKstraps luggage straps

Try using the ROKstraps adjustable stretch straps for securing all your cargo to your bike. They work great, don't have any hooks, and can't fall off your bike!

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
The "hoops" in the first post are called "Footman Loops" (??)......I was trying to sell some awhile back along with my SS fasteners. (I staill have 4 loops, I believe). Ebay has ROK straps just about cheap as anywhere......."MotoGraphixx" is a local ebay seller that sells ROK straps just as cheap as anyone. Make sure you get the 1" wide straps.......the smaller "Camp Pack" straps are fairly small......not for big, bulky loads.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here's my footman loops on my Jesse bags..I put them toward the side to simplify mounting things on top of the bags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts