StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up one of the Eastern Beaver accessory plugs that connects to the factory plug Suzuki put on the right side of the fairing. My original plan was to add a 12V outlet which would be primarily used to charge my phone that I have mounted above the instruments on Richland Rick's RAM mount.

The previous owner had a Garmin GPS power cable running through a small hole drilled above the instruments. If I ran my USB cable through that hole, I wouldn't have a bunch of cable flopping around in the wind.

My only concern is rain. Is having an exposed micro - usb plug going to pose any hazard to my electrical system if it got wet? At least with a power port, I can unplug the cable and close up the port.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind...had to be reminded that the power outlet is needed for the appropriate volts/amps as my usb cable alone won't do that. Bad idea just to wire the cable directly to my electrical system.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up with a dual USB socket from West Marine and mounted it on the right side of the fairing. Radio Shack has a nice, short USB to micro USB cable that is the perfect length to reach.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts