StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always felt that reflective tape helped to stay above the darkness. Most drivers seem to keep their distance as well but that could have been due to the modulating brake lights.

wifey decided to go custom on the mirrors and cut out the Berlin Bear and spell out stuff on the rest.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You can also use 3M black reflective tape and a little les
Its a bike not a truck

But for shure its helpful .....

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can also use 3M black reflective tape and a little les
Its a bike not a truck

But for shure its helpful .....

its 3m black

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think it's a great idea! You've got a lot but you won't regret it when the little old lady who's been out too late sees you as she turns left into the old age home.

Arrive alive!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Reflective decals WORK! Here are some useful info...

But to many can be dangerous you CAN scare a driver or person less is more!

Regards!

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think you missed a spot.....no wait. You got it.

Seriously though, i love using reflective stuff. But theres a line between "getting noticed" and being distracting which might cause target fixation (too focused on staring at your bike and end up driving right into you while trying to figure out what the heck they're looking at)

Its different for every person and driver, but i got some great ideas from your pics. Thanks!

Alexi

Ps - i like using this in addition to a modulator cause when the modulator turns off cause of dusk, the reflectors then do their job. Also, check the laws on whether reflective tape is allowed on the front of a vehicle. Many times it's not allowed for fear of blinding/distracting. Only lights are allowed. But check it cause i'm not sure.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a roll of black reflective tape on order, will also go nuts on my bike. If it's against the rules, the man can give me a ticket when he stops me - I prefer that to be the conversation rather than him standing over me going "the driver never saw him, take him to the nearest hospital/morgue".

I was actually considering getting blue rectangular reflectors on the hand guards - nothing will draw a driver's attention like thinking it's the police even for just a second, but that might be pushing it a bit..

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
blue reflective might be illegal in many places.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Now you just need to add a flashing neon sign to your bike and the full look is complete :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looks good to me--and if it helps someone see you ( especially in the dark ) I say put more on. BTW-I have it on my bike too--white toward the front-orange on the sides-red on the tail end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts