Strom Trooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, being the proverbial glass-half-empty kinda guy, I'm expecting nothing. But here goes . . .

I'm planning to ride across Oregon from Portland to Nyssa on Friday, May 23rd. I'm leaving in the morning - ETD flexible. I plan to take Hwy 26 across the state, but I'm open to side excursions (SR 380/NFRD 67-63/ Hwy 395 between Prineville and John Day?). I plan to stay for the weekend (Memorial Day with the folks), then head south on Monday to mosey around out the SE corner of the state.

Anyone interested in joining me for part of the trip? If so, let me know. I'm happy to adjust the route to accommodate, and meeting fellow Stromtroopers is a bonus.

Escape the cage!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Funny you mention this. I watched a YouTube video today with a couple guys out of Eugene that did a 1200 mile oregon ride, on v Stroms. Dirt roads and all. Looked fun, but maybe a little too much off road for me.

Sounds like a fun ride.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
541 Posts
If you never ridden 380, I would recommend taking it. 1/10 the traffic of 26. Make sure your gassed up in Prineville. It will add 20-30 minutes on your trip. There is gas in Paulina but it's pricey.

PM me if you want to meet up for the 380 leg and I'll ride back to Redmond on 26. I'm an early bird so I would like to meet you early. It's a 300 mile loop for me and I don't want to start to late.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Best road ever is Bakeoven road out of Maupin to Shaniko, then 218 South to Antelope, continuing to Fossil. Then head towards John Day from there. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Best road ever is Bakeoven road out of Maupin to Shaniko, then 218 South to Antelope, continuing to Fossil. Then head towards John Day from there. Just my 2 cents worth.
Your route is a good one, but slightly harder to meet up on if he's looking for a meeting a riding companion part way.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for the suggestion. If it doesn't work for me on this trip, I'll try it on the next. I make a trip across the state at least twice each year. And Bakeoven has a great history. I just eat that stuff up. (Yeah, bad pun.)

Escape the cage!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts