StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lowering my forks and noticed there appears to be water spots/acid raid etching in the head lights. It is not bad or anything, but has anyone else noticed it?

Should I wax them, clean them with slip streamer windscreen cleaner I have, or anything else?

Is there a way to remove the water spots/etching?

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,040 Posts
3M Finish rubbing compound will take it off. Will take light rub marks off of the shield also.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I was lowering my forks and noticed there appears to be water spots/acid raid etching in the head lights. It is not bad or anything, but has anyone else noticed it?

Should I wax them, clean them with slip streamer windscreen cleaner I have, or anything else?

Is there a way to remove the water spots/etching?
I would try Plexus.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
+1 on Plexus. It cleans, rejuvenates, and protects. Abrasive polish eventually removes the protective coating and will require polishing more often and leave a softer surface.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I noticed slight pitting on headlight just a few months after buying the bike 06. I bought some headlight cover material from Griotsgarage.com item #10228 about $40. UVB/UVA stabilized polycarbonate vinyl 40mils thick.

Have had it on for 19 months and haven't noticed any decrease in light output. Went on fairly easy and trimmed with a razor blade, most people who look at the bike don't notice the clear film.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Plexus won't work on that etching.

I've tried. I have an ex-Florida bike, and the salty air/rain did the same - it kind of clouds and etches the headlight covers.

I have some Novus that I'll be using on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts