StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no, i don't mean "hand guards," like the kind that comes with the bike. i mean, i want to roll my strom end over end down the great pyramid in egypt and still have functional levers at the bottom. what fits? acerbis? KTM? what? any photos out there? how much modification to the brackets must i make for acerbis? hmm? hmm?

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Happy landings. If you think the levers are expensive, beefed up hand guards would do a fine job. Something more expensive will snap off in a drop then beef up that item, next, something even more expensive blah blah....blah and blah. After market clutch levers are cheap, carry a spare.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Acerbis Rally Pro guards are pretty popular over on ADVRider, and they apparently bolt right on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
question answered

just thought i'd jump on to verify that, yes, the acerbis rally pro lever guards do bolt on. however, i had to slide my clutch over about half an inch, and i had to buy some spacers and longer bolts from canadian tire... (or any automotive shop for that matter.) my mods are a typical "saskathewan patch." the "spacers" are merely oversized nuts. it doesn't look so hot, but it works just fine. now i can crash with confidence and a smile on my face.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Hopelessly lost, do you have pics and do you think the guards protect your hands from the cold while riding ??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pics

well, here are the pictures. as you can see, the guards don't do much against wind. they're mostly for lever protection. however, you can buy additional "spoilers" from acerbis that block some wind, which i may consider.

i added all the visible nuts as spacers. they didn't come with the mounting kit, but they only cost an extra 3 or 4 dollars. also, i had to use a longer bolt for the inside mounting bracket. it's still a tight fit, but it works just fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts