StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use a fuse panel off the battery to power their accessories? Seems to me i'd have a few to many connectors on the battery itself if I would just run a separate line to each accessory. Pictures would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Suzuki VStrom Electrics

I don't personally have one yet, but as soon as I can get one I am going to order the PC-8 fuse panel (click on the link and scroll down). I have a laundry list of things I am going to order from Jim at Eastern Beaver to do some of my projects.

I'm sure many others will comment here and share there pictures. I personally like GW's setup on his wee, and that's where and how I plan to mount mine.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I've got a Fuzeblock (FUZEBLOCKS.COM) on mine. It's mounted under the seat and connected directly to the battery. The design has the relay inside the outer container and each of the six circuits can be set either "Constant 12V" or "Switched Power" depending on how the fuse is installed. Neat design.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Eastern Beaver PC8 (little black box to the far left). Worth its weight in gold.
I've been using Anderson Powerpole connectors for my ham radio and other stuff that moves from vehicle to vehicle (like GPS).

This guy sells some fuse boxes that are at much better prices than the Centec, EB and other options (not to knock them, I own both). If you don't need Powerpoles, Binding posts are another option.

Power Distribution Panel : GrumpyShop!, Grumpy's Place of Electronic & Ham Stuff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts