Strom Trooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed new handguards on my DL650.Its easy but tricky.Ihad to remove Clutch cable and put it back for a stupid piece of plastic.
When i did that,my clutch adjustments were gone.I am new rider,dont have to much experience on bikes.
I ended up asking a friends help for adjustments but i felt little upset.
Suzuki should add some features like heated grips,center stand,guards on this wonderful bike.I already paid over $7000 for it.
I wouldnt mind paying a few hundreds extra for such conveniences.
I looked at my friends BMW GS series bikes with envy.Most of accessories came standard on bike.
I know its price tag is almost double of mine.But adding these stuff should not increase the price tag that much.
Suzuki ,please accesorize my V-Strom!

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Well a little research and you would have known what options to add to the purchase and had the dealer install them as part of the deal. It's what I did. :wink:

Now be careful with the bike as it's a lot of bike and top heavy to boot especially for a nOOb

·
Registered
184 Posts
The 650 is a bike that is carefully built to sell for a very low price. Some compromises are necessary and it's not like the accesory isn't available - you just have to pay an an add-on rather than built-in.

BMW's have a lot of options too.

- Mark

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
On the flip side, you could always pay for a lot of standard equipment you don't want.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont you guys think a V-strom should come with a at least standart center stand,engine guard and, hand guards?
I know many v-strom owners wasting time for shopping overpriced accesories.
A center stand sold $160 probably doesnt cost more than $30 !

Dont get me wrong ,i love my bike and i am planning to ride it for a long time,I am just mad at companies marketing policies based on enthusiasm of bike owners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts