StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I go to the dealer today.. Cash in hand & pay for my Brand NEW Black 650 v-strom. I even spent over 100 bucks on a alpine star jacket with some padding in it. Well the mechanic said something about my front brake felt spongy..and he was going to bleed it before I took it home.. I have never been able to bleed brakes with completly good results, so I was almost hesitant to let them.. but I figured.. hey these are bike mechanics.. so about 1 hour later.. I thought what's taking so long.. I helped myself to the back where my bike was at and found the Front wheel off and discovered they were having serious problems with the speed odemeter bracket that rides on the front axle?? Whatever the problem.. when they put it together the front wheel wouldn't turn freely & the brake rotor on the left side moved at least 1/4 inch when the front brakes were applied, almost like the wheel was off center of were it should be to the left or to the right by about 1/4" causing the left rotor to be pulled over by the caliper when the brakes were applied.. after 2 more hours of tinkering they just couldn't get it right.. and then they told me it must of come that way from the factory.. so I said well I'll take my money and you can call me if you get it right?? But I just don't feel safe now with that bike.. Not sure if they messed it up when they blead the brakes or if it indeed had a factory defect (harder to believe,but possible). I mean it was so bad.. it took 10 to 15 lbs of pressure to rotate the front wheel with the tire off the ground. I don't feel obligated to go back and purchase, although I did sign the title and everything... They gave me my money back. Any ideas? thoughts? suggestions? Ever heard of such a thing? And also, when the rolled the bike to the back to service it.. it seemed to roll freely to me, so I'm thinking it must of been something they done???

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Not normal

Yep, that's definitely not normal. It should rotate with just a little bit of resistance.

It sounds like they don't have a spacer in right. I'd ask for another one straight out of the crate.

N

·
0 Posts
I would say you should probably look for another dealer..... Remember, these are the mechanics that will be working on your bike if you need service!!! Don't worry about the title, that's their problem....as long as you have your money in hand your good to go.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
650 Problem

I'm thinking there was a spacer that was lost or not put in when they assembled the bike? Just don't know really, but they don't have another one in the crate to give me, so I guess I'll be buying somewhere else. I was really looking forward to the bike though.. the front of it looks huge, but everyone says it feels light and handles great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts