StromTrooper banner

81 - 82 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Same here. 2012 model. My ABS light started turning on/off intermittenly earlier this riding season. About mid-summer, it started staying on all the time, and the ABS was disabled. I'm committed to diving into it during my winter maintenance period, so I've noted all the previous suggestions and will giving them all a try to see what, if any, impact they have.

I'm hoping I don't have to resort to a new ABS unit...at this point that might be almost half the resale value of the bike.
I completely lost the rear brake on my 2012 650a as the pedal would not depress. I took it to 3 dealers and they all told me that the ABS unit went south, but quoted me !%$^#! $1900 for a new unit and $400 for the installation! I hit the forums and some suggested that my lines got gunked up because I did not maintain the brake fluid, which was correct. I looked around for the part and it was scarce. I finally found one in Germany for $800. shipped, but kept looking and found a used unit for $139. Took it to a local Harley shop, Matrix in St. Augustine, that claimed to fix ALL bikes and three days later it was fixed, for $150! Bike works fine now, and I will do my proper maintenance in the future.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
We can add another 2012 Wee, with ABS light on, intermittently, but staying on more...

As best I know, the battery is original to the bike (but bike starts and runs fine), and I've never changed brake fluid, and I doubt the previous owner did, either.

About to roll over to 49K miles.

Oh well...

81 - 82 of 82 Posts