·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
because suzuki ABS works pretty bad like too soon etc
I want to have option to switch it off.
Anybody mounted a switch for this?
is there a better place then just directly to fuse?

·
Premium Member
3,526 Posts
Eastern Beaver sells a harness and switch. There is a thread somewhere on a much cheaper DIY solution.

I have to ask .....what do you mean "works too soon"?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
When you shut off the abs, the light comes on, does the speedometer still work?
On the 2014 1000 if you remove the wrong fuse the speedometer will stop working but if you pull the other fuse it will still work.

The 650 could be the same ???

On my V2 I basically replaced the fuse with a switch while keeping a fuse in the line, when I switch the ABS off it shuts down and a light comes up on the dash.

When I turn the switch back on the light goes out and the ABS works again instantly, no ignition resets or anything required.

·
Registered
112 Posts
On my 2010 650, when ABS is switched off the light comes on and everything but ABS works normally.
Your 2010 takes its speed off of the countershaft/transmission. The 2017+ 650’s use the front abs sensor for speed. If you disable the abs by using a switched fuse, I would think it might also turn off the speedometer which is the reason for my question.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
The v2 also uses the front ABS for the speedometer and providing you pull the 25amp fuse not the 15amp everything except the ABS works as it should.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yes, works fine. As stated, I switched into the 25 AMP fuse and all works as it should when the ABS is off. Mine is a 2019. It is the first fuse in the row closest to the tank on the left side when sitting on the bike. I'd send you pic's but it is tucked away tightly under cover right now for winter and getting to it would be a bit much. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so if it's 25amp fuse I need heavy duty switch for that amperage, unless using relay.

BTW wonder if there are fuses with pre wired connectors...

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
You don't need a heavy switch a 10a will do.

The reason for a heavy switch is the contacts will burn when switching, with the ABS there is no load unless you are on the move and activating the ABS pump, so no burning contacts.

There must be a big fudge built into that system as I replaced the 25a fuse with a 10a then spent a lot of time trying to get the front and back ABS to activate at the same time.

I have never been able to get the 10a fuse to pop.

In fact I still only have a 10a in place but I do have my ABS shut down most of the time.

As for pre wired connectors I looked at some but none were suitable, they need to be a fuse and a switch if you don't want to disturb the original system.

I built my own so it could all fit under to fuse box cover, be removed and put back to stock in a few seconds.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yes, works fine. As stated, I switched into the 25 AMP fuse and all works as it should when the ABS is off. Mine is a 2019. It is the first fuse in the row closest to the tank on the left side when sitting on the bike. I'd send you pic's but it is tucked away tightly under cover right now for winter and getting to it would be a bit much. :)
With bikes being stored this close together, there could be a new addition come spring :confused:

Reactions: Big B

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wish. Pretty sure the wife had them all spayed and neutered. :)
Son's college acceptance letters are all coming in so I'm thinking no new bikes for a while no matter how much he begs me for just one more....

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
My bride loves to point out I currently have 25 bikes, my only come back is "I buy one at a time."

I then point out to her every time she buys new shoes she buys "two at a time."

My mistake was to tell her how many bikes I have.

She has never told me how many pairs of shoes she owns.

You should learn from her not me.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
My bride loves to point out I currently have 25 bikes, my only come back is "I buy one at a time."

:grin2: Do you have any pictures of the aftermath? >:)

·
Registered
49 Posts

Honestly I really haven't been wanting for another one lately, I've been content since 2018! Of the 7, I need to get rid of my son's "baby" Ninja 300 as it never gets ridden. I bought the Wee for him so we could do some dirt road riding together. We both have WR's for the trails. He really wants sport bikes but that's not my thing and he can't even ride the Ninja more than an hour without complaining about the seat so I see no reason to buy a bigger one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts