StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was eyeing the Touratech ABS sensor guards for my 2013 Glee, but $60 for the set just seems ridiculous for a couple bolts, spacers, and aluminum. I figured I could make some, and while at Home Depot, picked up some aluminum angle stock for $4. Cut a couple of pieces to 1-1/2 inch long and notched one end. Rounded off the corners with a sanding drum and smoothed the edges with some 400 grit sandpaper.

For the longer bolts, got lucky and was able to use 2 of the 6 I replaced from the motor mount bracket when I put on my engine guards. The spacer on there is plastic and will be replaced with alloy spacers I found at aluminumspacers.com for about $7 shipped. They are 3/4" long, 3/4" OD, and 5/16" I'D (8mm bolt will fit). Not bad for $12 worth of materials and an hour of my time.

The front one could be a tad longer, so I may make another eventually. Right now, my next project are some removable extensions for the factory hand guards.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great job. Put this on the top of my to-do list. Did you have any problems with the sensors being moved slightly and activating the ABS warning light?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great job. Put this on the top of my to-do list. Did you have any problems with the sensors being moved slightly and activating the ABS warning light?

Nothing yet. I think if the bolt securing the sensor is torqued properly, it shouldn't be an issue. One of the reasons I am swapping out the plastic spacers for aluminum is because the plastic spacers are a bit soft. That 8 mm bolt is burly enough to really squash down the plastic.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Very nice for the price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts