StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Questions for the collective .. I have every intention of modding my front fender, the same as you have seen on ADVrider and on a thread dedicated to it here. The only difference is that my bike is an ABS model and has a coupler or modulator under the triple tree (see pic below). My question to those in the know is whether moving that coupling (??) or changing lines to and from it in a different configuration will affect the ABS system adversely??

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It's not a problem if the system is bled of air properly. That's a big if though. There can be no low spots in the configuration and pressure feeding fluid from the bottom may be required.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was hoping you would show up Greywolf! I have some much needed help for this modification, so hopefully my buddies understand more about bleeding the system than I do!! I am extremely deficient in the mechanical/fabrication department.

So we would have to feed fluid to the system from the bottom under pressure .. how is that achieved efficiently Greywolf? I guess the biggest thing to accomplish is to move the cross over line that goes over the fender. What about that "T" junction on the left side of the bike? Will bypassing it cause any havoc??

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Let's just say I wouldn't try it myself. Maybe somebody more experienced with pressure induction will chime in. If mud was a serious problem, I'd go with a Touratech fender, maybe with a beak attached to the fairing brace. Then again, I think bikes ridden in mud should weigh less than 300lbs, preferably less than 200.

Edit: The Touratech fender won't fit the ABS model.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well that doesn't sound too promising .. I would have simply gone with the Touratech, but as you pointed out .. no go for the ABS. I will have wait and see if anyone else has anything to say. Thanks GreyWolf!! BTW .. what makes bleeding this system and refilling it more challenging than any other brake line? Is it due to the modulator (??). Is air trapped more readily in the lines of a bike with ABS?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts