StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear brake suddenly went stiff on my 2012. Was told that the ABS module is faulty. Did a bypass.
Rear brake works now minus the ABS.

A new module costs almost $2000. Even a 2nd hand one on Ebay is almost $800. Why this specific model's ABS module is so expensive is a mystery. For eg. Busa's module is about $50, 2nd hand on Ebay.

Any other options? Do any other ABS modules fit?

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Ride the bike without ABS?

I would especially on an older bike where the repair cost is approaching half the value!

·
Registered
503 Posts
A member on here is parting out his moto of the same year and model, Rick123. I'd ask him. Short of that, Id look for a place that rebuilds them. If that's not possible, I'd try pulling it apart and cleaning it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,287 Posts

·
Administrator
17,094 Posts
Something is going on with 2012 model year 650 ABS modules, they are the only ones I have heard failing.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Something is going on with 2012 model year 650 ABS modules, they are the only ones I have heard failing.
Should be a recall.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your suggestion everyone. Yes the price to repair it would be more than half the price of the bike which is crazy. Still don't understand why only this model's ABS module is so expensive. Sad to do the bypass when everything else is perfect.

The only logical way to go is to source for a 2nd hand part unless someone has successfully use a module from another model ...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It gets complicated ... the one on sale is a 55600-11J00.

My 2012 650 ABS is supposed to use a 55610-11J00

Checked with the local Suzuki agent. That part might be meant for a different part of the world, in other words incompatible ...

·
Registered
723 Posts
I'm paying attention to this topic, because the ABS went wonky on my '12 650 late last year. Error code seemed to indicate a bad front sensor, so I replaced that ($200). I'll have my fingers crossed when I put the bike back together -- I'm working through a fork rebuild right now. Really hoping I don't have to do the module.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts