StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3-4 months ago while riding through the city I noticed that my ABS light came on, no biggie at this stage and continued riding. There was a car that pulled out in front and had to slam the brakes on... Obviously the ABS light was on so therefore no ABS. Kept riding home and thought nothing of it because the next week or so no light... Hmmm this has happened for the past few months and the only pattern I see is that it's a warm day and the only way I can remove the abs light while driving is once stopped, turn the bike off and back on again. I'm wondering if clutch slipping activates the ABS? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Check the sensors on each wheel. Make sure the bolts aren't loose and make sure nothing is bent, damaged, etc. including the rings. Do a search, lots of threads on this issue. Did it come on after riding in a heavy rain or after washing your bike?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Best to remove the 2 wheel sensors, clean the surfaces, re-install. They do accumulate muck on the front surface and that seems to mess with the ABS.

Also worn tires or tires of non stock size do mess with the ABS. Mine is doing the same thing every now and then and I have not found a pattern what is causing it other than what's mentioned above.

·
Administrator
16,599 Posts
@Big B...while we await the O.P.'s reply, can you answer in advance why you ask if its a '12? Thank you
The only known ABS pump failures that I can recall for any of the ABS model year 650's, have all been 2012 model years. Otherwise it's been broken sensors, or bent ABS rings on the wheels which occurred during a tire install or other wheel maintenance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the sensors are fine, I'll take them off and give them a clean and see how that goes. Also my bike is a 2012 model... Worth checking out the ABS pump?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check the sensors on each wheel. Make sure the bolts aren't loose and make sure nothing is bent, damaged, etc. including the rings. Do a search, lots of threads on this issue. Did it come on after riding in a heavy rain or after washing your bike?
I don't remember rain or a wash before it happened I'll check the rings and sensors to see if I get anything. Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts