StromTrooper banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally Suzuki has installed ABS brakes on all of its DL1000 VStroms for 2012!!

This is fantastic news for all DL1000 chauvinists (that's me)!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Where?!?!?!?!!?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Finally Suzuki has installed ABS brakes on all of its DL1000 VStroms for 2012!!

This is fantastic news for all DL1000 chauvinists (that's me)!
Ok... Dilrod... In what universe has this happened? No mention of an ABS version of the 1000 on either the US or Canadian Suzuki web sites...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cycle World New Bikes Issue

Ok... Dilrod... In what universe has this happened? No mention of an ABS version of the 1000 on either the US or Canadian Suzuki web sites...
It's in there (Cycle World Buyer's Guide 2012). You don't think they're pulling our legs do you? I hope not.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I would say... the same bike since launched 10 years ago.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
This information is in their mag and on their website:

Suzuki, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure/V-Strom 1000 ABS
This kind of thing has happened before, or dealers have stated it. Always in error.

Suzuki's handling of the whole TL1000 / SV1000 / DL1000 line is a mystery. They have the perfect engine to compete in the big heavy expensive ABS and shaft drive 1200 "Adventure" market, with sportier performance and lighter weight. And that was the concept behind the V-Strom to begin with: provide a sportier alternative to the R100GS that would appeal to younger buyers.

So what do they do? Absolutely nothing.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
They have an engine that cannot be sold in many countries because it can't meet emissions standards. I'd hardly call it perfect.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Come on, I was just getting exited. How hard can it be to fit abs to a bike Suzuki. I would love some more power especially two up, but abs is a must because I commute. This is going to make me buy an explorer or cross tourer because they have it all, but if there was a vstrom with more power and abs that would be my first choice.

·
Administrator
18,458 Posts
Harley can pass emissions but Suzuki can't......scary.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Harley can pass emissions but Suzuki can't......scary.
There is bathroom humor here, but I hate batting against lazy pitchers.

What Harley has been forced to to within the air-cooled, 45 degree v-twin corner of tradition into which they've painted themselves is increase displacement and reduce performance:

Ta-Da!, lower emissions.

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
ID theft alert!

There is bathroom humor here, but I hate batting against lazy pitchers.

What Harley has been forced to to within the air-cooled, 45 degree v-twin corner of tradition into which they've painted themselves is increase displacement and reduce performance:

Ta-Da!, lower emissions.
Who are you and what have you done with our Stromin'Nroman? He takes on everything from poledancers on meth to roadkill!

·
Registered
265 Posts
This kind of thing has happened before, or dealers have stated it. Always in error.

Suzuki's handling of the whole TL1000 / SV1000 / DL1000 line is a mystery. They have the perfect engine to compete in the big heavy expensive ABS and shaft drive 1200 "Adventure" market, with sportier performance and lighter weight. And that was the concept behind the V-Strom to begin with: provide a sportier alternative to the R100GS that would appeal to younger buyers.

So what do they do? Absolutely nothing.
Perfect engine that make you buy a Power Commander from aftermarket?
Perfect engine that has a cronic cluch noise issue?
I almost think this engine sale should be banned!

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
There are 2 sides to not meeting pollution laws....
the laws are stupid not the bike.

I believe that some EURO trash rule will force ABS on all new bikes in a couple of years. I do not know of grandfathering if any.

I am sure Suzuki has some pride but it is a business and I remain content with MY fun for dollar decision

When I was 2 wheel commuting I had a Burgman 650

1 - 18 of 18 Posts