StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha y’all!

I’m a newbie to the forum and hoping someone can tell me an easy fix to disconnect the ABS of my 650xt. I’m an experienced off road rider and feel more comfortable being able to lock up,the rear when needed. Hopefully, it’s just a matter of pulling a fuse. TIA!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Do you have a centerstand? Start the bike, spin one wheel and voila! Disabled until the next start.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,235 Posts
Pull the fuses or buy an abs disconnect kit from Easternbeaver, unless it’s a 17/18 then I believe you’re out of luck on the kit.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If it's as easy as pulling fuses, why would anybody develop/build/buy a disconnect kit?
Does the kit do something besides disabling the ABS? Maybe a switch to it on/off from the seat?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is a ‘17. A glance under the seat didn’t reveal any fuses marked ABS. Where is the ABS fuse located on a ‘17? Don’t have a centerstand...........yet.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
There is a recent thread where a guy located the active wire at the abs plug under the seat, cut the wire and added a momentary switch up on dash. Total cost might have been $5.....I'll see if I can find it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great info in that thead! For now I’d be happy to just pull the fuse until I do the switch mod. Now I just need to find the right fuse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts