StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my bike yesterday in Newmarket and headed west to Georgetown.
As opposed to my usual tactics I took every gravel road I could find. No traffic, nice views. This is really fun at a time when having fun on a bike is more difficult every day. I was going 80 to 120 kph on the gravel with no worries about the bike or radar. Anyway at one point at around 80kph I pulled the front brake as hard as I could on a hard packed gravel road and the bike chirped a bit and stopped so fast I couldn't believe it. $500 well spent!
I went on a few curvy hills near Caledon ski club where the surface is sort of paved but full of wholes and covered in gravel in spots. Normally on my street bike I tippy toe around here but with the wee I didn't feel any concerns at all. I saw a guy at breakfast today with a brand new Kawasaki sportsbike (I think 1200) and I could only think how frustrating life is going to be for him, just trying to keep his license. As posted elsewhere in this forum it is a lot more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.
Just a few thoughts
Bill

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Enjoyed your comments about ABS. No experience on two wheeled ABS but I sure like it in the cage after a couple close encounters.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
Funny I hate ABS in my cage, but love it on a bike. It hasn't kicked in yet, but it's nice knowing the ABS is there. :cool:

Enjoyed your comments about ABS. No experience on two wheeled ABS but I sure like it in the cage after a couple close encounters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts