StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have 2012 VStrom ABS and am moving to ABQQ, NM this month and would like to ride w/others. I have already taken some wonderful trips through Lincoln National, up Rio Grande valley, and also through the Gila.

Would like to ride into AZ and CO w/some camping.

Also interested in buying gear and accessories for my bike.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm just west of you over in Flagstaff, AZ. There are a few of us strommers over here. I ride to CO ALL the time. I work in Flagstaff but my place is in Montrose, CO. I camp as well as stay at the house. Join me!

·
Registered
48 Posts
ABQ Couple

Greetings, and welcome to the area! Both my wife and I ride Wee's, her a K4 and I a K8, and try to get out as much as we can. Lots of local rides over weekends and the occasional overnighter. Haven't tried the camping thing from them yet, unless you can call some of the hotels we stay in "camping"! :???: There are plenty of terrific rides fom here. Just got back from a nice little 200 miler yesterday. Look forward to getting the chance to ride with you!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Going to ride up into CO. the 27th-30th of Sept. Leave the morning of the 27th from Flagstaff and ride up to Montrose, CO. Montrose will be the basecamp. (I have a place there we can stay at)(or feel free to find a different place) Cruise around the mountains Friday and Saturday on a couple of different routes. Hit the hot springs in Ouray, see the Fall colors, yada yada yada......

I'll start a thread this evening with more details..

Cool if we could all meet up there!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sounds like definite possibility! We did the Pagosa, million $ highway, Ouray loop and back this summer. Freakin' awesome ride! Would love to do some more up there in the fall.

·
Registered
48 Posts
:mrgreen: Will do. Be fun to get a few others intersted in going as well. Lets see how this can all shape up.
Cheers!

·
Registered
494 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Free to good home.
SW Motech skid plate for DL650

Fits pre 2012 Vstroms. You'll need SW Motech crash bars for it to work, you maybe could rig something to attach to other crash bars?

It's a little bent up and a rivet needs replaced with a bolt but it's completely usable. I got tired of beating it back into shape at every oil change and bought a beefier one.

I'm too lazy to ship it anywhere so if you're in Albuquerque and can use it let me know. Hate to just put it in the scrap pile if someone needs it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts