StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys :thumbup: was looking for any changes in our HWY law, main point was about ride alone in HVO lanes, ahhh no changes again :thumbdown: but!!! Taxi can, electric car can, green plates again can – and they are all with 1 person in!!! why we can’t? :furious: our bikes are– low carbon emissions and we are much smaller compare “commercial trucks less than 6.5 meters long with a gross weight of 4,500 kg or less”. :confused:
Even in a US, they’re not looking when bikes ride in emergency lanes with bad traffic road condition!!! :headbang:
Maybe we will build a mail all together, with names, about this point and send to our government or ministry transportation or any other places ??? :argue:

·
Registered
323 Posts
The ministry sometimes put the message "Watch for Motorcylist's Give them Room" or something to that fact on the overhead message board. If they were that interested in protecting us, let us drive in the HOV lanes

·
Super Moderator
13,091 Posts
In BC, most of the HOV lanes can be used by motorcyclists. Usually indicated under the main signs for HOV lanes saying, "motorcycles OK".
In most of the world EXCEPT Ontario Motorcycles are legal in most HOV lanes.

..Tom

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The ministry sometimes put the message "Watch for Motorcylist's Give them Room" or something to that fact on the overhead message board. If they were that interested in protecting us, let us drive in the HOV lanes
A couple of the people that work in the office that control the signs ride. Also the ministry is different than the minister.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I-77 & I-75 allow motorcycles in HOV lanes

I am not sure if this is universal,
but the I-77 HOV lane through Charlotte NC permits bikes,
and the I-75 HOV lane through Atlanta GA permits bikes too.

I like both those lanes, and consider them safer than the other lanes,
principally because they are at an edge of the expressway, and
also because drivers with companions are often more alert than loners.

I recall that an HOV lane in Washington DC was unavailable to bikes
in the late 1980s, but a diehard biker rode them often and got lots of
tickets. LOTS! Eventually he prevailed, the tickets were quashed,
and motorcycles are now permitted where he once rode so defiantly.

Do you dare to defy? Might be costly, eh?

Keith

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Looks like the new HOV lane on the 401 through toronto is going to be limited to vehicles with 3 occupants...

·
Super Moderator
13,091 Posts
Looks like the new HOV lane on the 401 through toronto is going to be limited to vehicles with 3 occupants...
Same with 404. It's for the duration of the Can-Am games.

..Tom

·
Registered
102 Posts
Dundas HOV bike friendly

I was just on Dundas Rd (west end Toronto) and those HOV lanes have a little motorcycle on the sign. I guess because that's a city road rather than provincial? Anyway, it's a nice perk.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
In BC, most of the HOV lanes can be used by motorcyclists. Usually indicated under the main signs for HOV lanes saying, "motorcycles OK".
First on the ferries as well no reservations....

there is an HOV merge on an onramp here called Nordel Way, only Vanpools / buses \ and Motorcycles are allowed to use it, saves me an easy 45 minutes in my morning commute

they like us here in BC :)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts

watch for it being used by single occupants.... douches do the same thing out here all the time, usually while texting and having breakfast...

cops can't be everywhere... :furious:

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
It is a control game played by the social engineers in the state or province planning offices. Is your mode of transportation socially responsible enough to be granted the "privilege" of the HOV lane? You have to convince the planners that motorcycles are socially and environmentally acceptable. Hard to do with a mohawk on your helmet, passing them at 20 over the speed limit . . .

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
It is a control game played by the social engineers in the state or province planning offices. Is your mode of transportation socially responsible enough to be granted the "privilege" of the HOV lane? You have to convince the planners that motorcycles are socially and environmentally acceptable. Hard to do with a mohawk on your helmet, passing them at 20 over the speed limit . . .
If you don't do 20 over (when traffic is moving) you're a moving road block. I like the Mohawks because it makes us more visible like a safety vest.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts