StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my new to me 08 V-strom front tire is wearing abnormally.

I purchased with about 16K on the odometer. Both tires are Avon Distanzas with a new one on the rear. The front looked fairly new when I purchased the bike. I now have about 20K on the odometer with majority of the miles coming from a week long trip from Texas to Colorado and back last week. The tire pressure was measured at 36 psi cold before and after the trip. The center knobby on the front tire appears to have lumps in it. No lumps on the knobbys on the side of the tire. I did notice a high pitched humming noise while the bike was in lower speeds and rpms (30 to 40mph and around 3.5K rpms). The only variable I have is that I installed a fork brace right before he trip. Brace was installed per the instructions.

Anybody have any ideas based on info provided? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After 61 views I appreciate your interest.

After much searching the web I found many contributing factors from loose head bolt, faulty suspension settings, worn fork fluid, excessive braking, and inherit front tire characteristics. I did not find anything where the fork brace would be a factor.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I got similar wear on a brand new Anakee front on my 10K mile Alaska trip. I think it happens to any tire spending a lot of time on the super slab.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Talked too some friends about this, they figured a balancing problem.
I put Dynabeads in my tires so i'll see how they go?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts