StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:auto:

I park my bike on the sidewalk where the city parks snowbanks. So I put it in storage and turned the plate in today.

Pretty good season! My highest mileage total on a bike - 7,101 miles on the DL650 and another few hundred on the SV650S, including three track days.

Avg mpg for the season was 50.1mpg compared to 50.6 last season. Minimum mpg on a tank was 44.1, max 61.1.

Only new equipment on this bike was a Zumo 665.

Now, another swap.....

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How are you liking the SV?
Great fun.

Do you use it on the road?
Yes. Got it early September and rode it about 500 miles in roads, 200 on track.

The suspension is upgraded. I've ordered SS brake lines, new pads, and new fluid, along with a rear fender eliminator.

I'm thinking about an aftermarket exhaust, but as you are only looking at gains of 5-7 hp and a little less weight, probably not going to mess with that until I've got my lap times lower.

Instead, signed up for the California SuperBike School 2 day school at Thunderbolt (NJ) in May.

·
Registered
26 Posts
:auto:
I park my bike on the sidewalk where the city parks snowbanks. So I put it in storage and turned the plate in today.

Pretty good season! My highest mileage total on a bike - 7,101 miles on the DL650 and another few hundred on the SV650S, including three track days.
Sounds like a great season. I think last Saturday was the end of this year for me. I need to upgrade my gloves because I find that my hands are the coldest after a ride. Well maybe I'll look into some heated grips too.

For now, back to the pickup and the eternal acceleration. :bom_veryangry2:

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought Scott Warrior Gauntlet Snowmobile gloves to use before I had heated grips. They work pretty well. Look for a pair that has some insulation on the back, but not the palm: the new model is called the Snowcheck Gauntlet.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hah, you guys aren't even first. My wife took a look at the pics and said "You look like a marshmallow" and "Does Vanson have any "slimming stripes?":furious:

I bought this suit for $450. To rent one is $50 a day and I've used it seven times. A replacement suit in my choice of colors is $1,850.

A friend of mine saw this pic and said "You look like a polar bear chasing a baby fur seal." I passed Mr. Knee-out two turns later, I think he was posing for the cameraman.

·
Registered
333 Posts
That 7' tall lump of snow at the end of my driveway is my nephew's Cadillac STS.
In my town, we've had storms of 26", 20", 14", and yesterday's 15"
Plus the little 2-3" overnight dumps. Sadly, there's been no melting between storms. :headbang:

Chris in Norwood

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Here's where I park my bike, which is why they're in the basement....
At first I thought that was you taking a nap in your leathers.

It looks like we'll be seeing mid to upper fifities here this weekend and sunny skies to boot. If I don't get the bike out I will be very ashamed of myselves.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts