StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week marks a year since our move from small town to big city; big city where the tiny, single car garage is full when the car and lawn mower are in there, and there is no where else for the car and lawnmower. So it was a year ago that my bike was washed and prepped for not-this-long storage, at least I didn't plan it that way, in mom's garage. It's covered and the battery is on a battery tender, and I just don't have time to do anything about it.

Please send me the number of a qualified therapist.

·
Registered
504 Posts
How big is the lawnmower? If it creates enough space I would consider getting rid of the mower and paying some kid to mow the lawn.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good thoughts, but it's just a push mower, and with the cost of living in the Big Smoke there's no budget for a lawn mowing kid...unless it's one of my four little people.

The real problem is the time I don't have. If I had some, I'd build a shed. It's something I'll just have to continue to work on. Who needs sleep anyway.

·
Registered
161 Posts
What about trading in the mower for a different version? We have an electric mower that folds and stands upright.

It takes up quite a bit less floor space than a traditional mower since it stands upright and the handle folds up so it's vertical and not sticking out at an angle, taking up more valuable garage space.

Not sure if that will be enough to get your bike back in the garage, but it may be worth a shot?

Other upsides are it's quieter and less maintenance. It's not as powerful as a gas mower, but we have about 1/3 of an acre and it's good enough for that.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
The last bettery tender I used ruined a perfectly good battery.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A week without a bike or boat ride is a bad week:yikes:

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about trading in the mower for a different version? We have an electric mower that folds and stands upright.

It takes up quite a bit less floor space than a traditional mower since it stands upright and the handle folds up so it's vertical and not sticking out at an angle, taking up more valuable garage space.

Not sure if that will be enough to get your bike back in the garage, but it may be worth a shot?

Other upsides are it's quieter and less maintenance. It's not as powerful as a gas mower, but we have about 1/3 of an acre and it's good enough for that.
Ah, thanks. This lawn would do fine with an electric mower, but I think I'll still need a shed to get the bike back here.

Of course, if I build it big enough, and limit the amount of little people stuff in there (fat chance) maybe I can fit a project in there. Perhaps a Ryca kit or a KT250.

But I'm still back in the land of lack of time. The two and a half hours a day I waste commuting really has to go.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
In the Ontario riding season the bike gets the Garage in the 11 1/2 months of winter the bike goes back to Grandma and the car gets the garage.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's pretty much the pattern, but I've missed out on that two week riding window this year. Time to change oil and put a new plug in the snowblower.

·
Registered
254 Posts
You nailed that..... Makes me glad Ive always made my home & work in Waco....halfway between DFW & Austin...but still on I35 so gettn to either is easy. Traffic here has mostly been a 15 minute commute for me.

&...Im on the edge of some great riding...literally minutes from my house!
My lawn plays second fiddle to the county roads

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
The car can live in the driveway, your bike can be stored in your garage and used to remind you that life is getting in the way right now.
Of course, you have a built-in excuse to visit mom so why not bring the kids for mom to watch when you go for your weekly motorcycle maintenance run?
As the legendary Janice Clanfield used to say on here often: "Pass the bong!...."

Reactions: SteadyHorse

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sounds like you need some you time. Find a way to carve out some time to visit that bike, if you feel guilty remember that you're no good to anybody if you're crazy/depressed.

Reactions: ToontownTim

·
Registered
306 Posts
I would add: put a lock on it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts