StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just to start the new year off right I figured I'd ask the forum a question: Does it make sense to have both a DL 1000 and a DL 650? Right now I'm using my Wee to commute and I love the bike. I was thinking of doing some longer trips this year and started thinking the extra power of the 1000 would be nice. I ride solo, so it's really a matter of the extra power and weight while traveling long distances on the Super Slab. :confused:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just swapped from a Wee to a V ...

IMHO,
The V will do everything a Wee can do,
But a Wee can't do everything a V can do ...
EG TWO UP with camping gear is more comfortable on a V

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't own 2 bikes that filled almost exactly the same mission profile. I'd figure out which of the 2 I liked better and go with that one, and have something very different as the second bike.

FWIW, I've done very long, loaded down trips on the Wee, it works fine in that role for me.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Each bike does what the other does equally well.
If you're going to add another bike to the stable, you are much better off getting something different. For 2up touring and power I recommend a Bandit if you want to stay with Suzuki.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't own 2 bikes that filled almost exactly the same mission profile. I'd figure out which of the 2 I liked better and go with that one, and have something very different as the second bike.

FWIW, I've done very long, loaded down trips on the Wee, it works fine in that role for me.
+1. And the 450km range is nice too..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts