StromTrooper banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Question for the OP - Is it necessary to remove the windscreen to do the "wedge-it-in-there" installation? I'm going to be renting a V-Strom on vacation in a few months, and this looks like an ideal temporary installation. I just don't know how happy the rental agents would be if they see me unscrewing the windscreen.

I guess I could wait until I get around the first corner...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Was going to use this mount but it was $25 at Best Buy. I decided to come home and see what I had in the workshop and came up with this using the mount that came with the Magellan Roadmate 1212 minus the suction cup part.
Extremely clean install and very little effort. 3/4 in. aluminum bar stock, a little measuring, two bends in the vice, couple minutes on the grinder and a shot of black paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
Just put your gps away when its raining. I drove home in a downpour awhile back, I just stuck the gps in my tank bag.
Not even a option here in the Pacific Northwest. Or, west coast for that matter.
Looks like the water would work its way right into the GPS, following the wind channel from the front fairing.
Besides when I use my GPS, I NEED my GPS. Short rides around my local area it stays home.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Ken, would you mind submitting a photo of your setup since it's waterproof & explaining the installation of the Aquabox, thanks. Is there a cut out for the cord?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts