StromTrooper banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I would say Vegas area or southern Arizona looking at the current weather patterns. San Antonio/Texas hill country is a good second choice. You could also fly into Miami and ride to Key West but that's more of a thing to do just to say you've done it, it's not interesting riding.

For sure look into the bike share programs available like TwistedRoad or Riders Share. Never used either.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Unfortunately it was too late to book the tour as it was all booked. We will be going to the air and space museum though.
Been to Tombstone before (about 5 years ago I think) and appreciate if you have suggestions for any particular winding roads that head there.

..Tom
Prescott and the roads west of town, Cottonwood and Sedona. Kingman and Oatman on Rt 66 maybe even Seligman. Watch the weather in the higher elevations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fly to Vegas, rent the bike, and head into Death Valley. It's awesome.

Edited to Add: I guess I overlooked the east coast part. But cheap flights to Vegas are easy to come by, and I think Death Valley and vicinity is well worth the long(er) trip.
I did that on November. It was coldand very windy, and the day to head out into the desert it rained. I headed east to the AFB and caught a free air show that just happened to be taking place that day.

·
Super Moderator
13,083 Posts
Prescott and the roads west of town, Cottonwood and Sedona. Kingman and Oatman on Rt 66 maybe even Seligman. Watch the weather in the higher elevations.
I will mainly be based in Tucson and want to be there most evenings. I can squeeze in 89a from Sedona possibly down through the twisties south of Prescott but probably nothing much west or north./west of there.

..Tom

·
Super Moderator
13,083 Posts
Out side of Tucson there is Mt Lemon. give it a try.

Cheers

RLBranson
I agree. My wife and I went up it a few years ago. One cool thing was a mountain lion cutting across the road in front of us when we were heading towards the end of mountain.

..Tom

21 - 28 of 28 Posts