StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up here in Barrie the weather is supposed to look fine tomorrow. I don't think anything will stop me from dropping the battery in and going for my first ride in 10 months.

Some guys may have been out at lot with the mild winter but not me. I skipped last season to spend more time with my young kids. Poor time management. I could have easily still rode when no one was looking.

My first ride on the 06 will be straight to the gas station, and then I will try to remember where all my favourite routes are...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Up here in Barrie the weather is supposed to look fine tomorrow. I don't think anything will stop me from dropping the battery in and going for my first ride in 10 months.

Some guys may have been out at lot with the mild winter but not me. I skipped last season to spend more time with my young kids. Poor time management. I could have easily still rode when no one was looking.

My first ride on the 06 will be straight to the gas station, and then I will try to remember where all my favourite routes are...
Lots of sand and other crap still out there, take it easy. First ride of the year is always a bit riskier than most.
That being said, I'm probably going out too.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Lots of sand and other crap still out there, take it easy.
That being said, I'm probably going out too.
It's the salt that keeps me off the roads. I have an extreme hatred of it, it having ruined too many of my vehicles over the years. I'm waiting until the first long heavy rains have cleared the roads of the dreaded salt.

Enjoy your rides, though.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I ran for about 120km this morning. Through everything including snow and mud. First time I've ever been on a vstrom believe it or not. I find that both of my thumbs are sore right now. I'm used to an 86 Shadow 1100 with a hydraulic clutch. The Shadow has a much nicer engine and rumbly exhaust but this isn't the place to discuss that.

Even my boots are quite dirty. The bike has cooled down now and I'll go out and wash the 'bottom half only'. I will have to do a bit of research to see how to handle the chain. I have WD-40 and lube on hand but no kerosene at the moment. First ever ride and mixed impressions. I'll have to see how my hands are after a long highway ride without all the shifting I did today.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Also did about 100k today, but stayed on main roads that were fairly clean. Took the Concours for the first time. Runs really nice, pulls like a freight train over six grand.
I think I hear the Cabot Trail calling.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am definitely going to get out this week,got laid off thursday so I have lots of spare time :headbang:.
Gotta get my DR650 up on kijiji soon too.:fineprint:
Any idea when the spring ride is happening?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I am definitely going to get out this week,got laid off thursday so I have lots of spare time :headbang:.
Good that you'll have a lot of spare time, but I fill sorry for you for being laid off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
x2 for the spring ride, I thought there would be some news of it by now. Just got my K10 wee out of storage and on the road yesterday might try and make it out for the ride this year, if there is one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts