StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Literally. Rode it like I stole Saturday morning. Twisties, dirt and trail - ride report forthcoming (Mark Twain NF). Took a break for lunch and went back at it. Now, I will once again prove my ignorance: noticed bike just wasn't handling the same. Front seemed loose :confused: But I was into some serious tristies and it was able to track thru at 60 mph. Then went back to dirt and a bit of trail. Strapped a 18 pack of Pabst :yesnod: and headed back to camp. Checked tire pressure and rear had 0 psi :yikes: I had to ride close to 50 HARD miles on that thing. Pulled a screw. String plug and Slime compressor made it whole again. Rode it like I stole it outta there Sunday morning and 350 miles home :hurray: Tire has at least 8,000 miles on it and hopefully many more to come.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Same thing happened to me, except on pavement. 0 pressure in rear and squirrelly as hell, but the bead held on until I could get to a compressor, and no damage to tire.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Same thing happened to me, except on pavement. 0 pressure in rear and squirrelly as hell, but the bead held on until I could get to a compressor, and no damage to tire.
Same thing happened to me but I must have ridden a lot farther with little or no pressure. Rear Anakee II was wasted - edge to edge.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same thing happened to me but I must have ridden a lot farther with little or no pressure. Rear Anakee II was wasted - edge to edge.
Tire did suffer a bit, but I attribute the fact that is still, IMHO, rideable to the fact that I weigh 140lbs. and had nothing on the bike.

·
Registered
5,444 Posts
Yes, only about 5 miles for me on an OEM Trailwing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts