StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Euro 5 emissions standards will encourage Suzuki to make changes to its current VStrom 650, sooner than later I think. Some famed moto designers are already coming up with ideas for a new 650 VStrom. The retro look for the 1050 doesn't turn my crank but here's one designer's idea of a new WeeStrom could look like...
Suzuki-650-V-Strom-photomontage-O-Bezzi-2.jpg

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I'd like to see the next 650 VStrom go more in the direction of Sport Touring with some gravel road capability, kinda like it already has now I suppose, just with better looks, bit more power, better seat and a HORN.

·
Registered
14,218 Posts
You guys sure like to complain about the horn. I kinda like the lack of power, keeps the Ins policy low. I've got the 1st generation and it still works fine, lasts a long time.
Now it that blue thing in the image has a 9 gallon tank and gets 60 mpg, I want one.
Imagine, crossing Texas with only one fuel stop.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,185 Posts
You guys sure like to complain about the horn. I kinda like the lack of power, keeps the Ins policy low. I've got the 1st generation and it still works fine, lasts a long time.
Now it that blue thing in the image has a 9 gallon tank and gets 60 mpg, I want one.
Not gonna happen. When you cross into Texas from Louisiana on I-10 there is a sign that says "El Paso 850 miles". So 9 gallon at 60 mpg will get you to about Ozona Texas!

·
Registered
14,218 Posts
Shelby, my stop would be half way through Cisco maybe? That would be my one stop for more gas. Texas is a biggy!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Oh sure........

Have a look at the seat on that blue thing again, and tell me you're going to cross Texas on that! :sick:

It's a nice looking bike though.

............shu

·
Registered
14,218 Posts
Yo, I've had a calloused butt in the past. Did 217K miles on a R65LS BMW with a stock plank seat and am still riding.
I might ad an Air Hawk for a cushy tushy. It might be fun to try anyway!

·
Registered
471 Posts
'Druther see a third, 550-600cc DL XT at ~60hp and less that 400lb/181kg. OK for an overnite trip and light enough to pick up out of the sand. Ixnay on that Salvador Dali blob in front of the seat. Sanding out body work is time away from riding.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Euro 5 emissions standards will encourage Suzuki to make changes to its current VStrom 650, sooner than later I think. Some famed moto designers are already coming up with ideas for a new 650 VStrom. The retro look for the 1050 doesn't turn my crank but here's one designer's idea of a new WeeStrom could look like... View attachment 268770
And then there's this design...
2020-Yamaha-Tenere-700-Review-ADV-rally-raid-adventure-motorcycle-9.jpg

·
Registered
14,218 Posts
Only problem is that it looks more Enduro than ADV touring which is what makes the Wee Strom so appealing. Where the rear rack and luggage mounts. The windshield is minuscule. probably make the gas tank smaller too.

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
I do like the design of that T7.

·
Super Moderator
4,510 Posts
Euro 5 emissions standards will encourage Suzuki to make changes to its current VStrom 650, sooner than later I think. Some famed moto designers are already coming up with ideas for a new 650 VStrom. The retro look for the 1050 doesn't turn my crank but here's one designer's idea of a new WeeStrom could look like... View attachment 268770
We should stop taking some irrelevant design studio as any indication of what the next Wee might look like. No pillion pegs, inadequate rear sub-frame, no provision for luggage, high front guard, Akrapovic exhaust. Sorry but it is somebody's dream, with styling cues from the DR600. It ain't gonna happen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts