StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
We (my wife and I), just finished a trip from upstate NY to West Virginia a couple weeks ago.

2,000 miles in a week and GREAT roads, paved and dirt, in Davis,WV area.

A couple pictures on top of Dolly Sods.

Anyway, we snapped a picture of this Strom in Thomas,WV.

Maybe someone on here, don't know.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
It's not a bad idea to carry a spare Fender

Gigmobile:

·
Registered
485 Posts
"I'm used to being the weirdest kid on the block; here, I'm not even in the running." --Billy (Robert Downey, Jr.) in "Air America"

I'm at the Anchorage Woodlot right now, with logs strapped to the passenger seat of my DL650:

Last weekend, I had my Digitech RPS1000 strapped where the logs are, and my Fender Strat across my back on my way to a gig. Haven't tried a mountain bike yet, though :biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I have carried home on my bike...50 lb bags of dog food, an antique metal watering can, a concrete garden statue of a log with 3 sparrows on it and a japanese maple in full leaf. :thumbup:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I have carried home on my bike...50 lb bags of dog food, an antique metal watering can, a concrete garden statue of a log with 3 sparrows on it and a japanese maple in full leaf. :thumbup:
At the same time?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Were there any leafs left when you got it home?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Like I said earlier: "...and here, I'm not even in the running!"

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Were there any leafs left when you got it home?
Yes.:yesnod: The head of the 3' tall tree was gently wrapped in burlap and tied with string. The pot was put in a plastic bag and the plastic tied around the trunk of the tree. Then the whole affair was fastened to the bike with tie down nylon straps. It was an hour ride home. It has been growing wonderfully for 2 years now. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Like I said earlier: "...and here, I'm not even in the running!"
Oh! I forgot about the woodchopper whirligig man that I brought home from New Hampshire!
I stopped at a pizza restaurant and asked them for a box. Taking the wind vane off the front, I laid it all in the pizza box and carried it on my bike for a couple of days before I saw a handy post office and mailed the package home.

Are you beginning to see a theme to all the items I've picked up on my trips? A gardener will go to great lengths to bring back that special ornament for the garden! :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I bought a used Stihl .028 super with a 20" bar last week and hauled it an hour and a half home on the back of my 650. Thought I was pretty cool.... but alas I'm not even in the running either:biggrinjester: (wish I had taken a pic)

·
Registered
485 Posts
I bought a used Stihl .028 super with a 20" bar last week and hauled it an hour and a half home on the back of my 650. Thought I was pretty cool.... but alas I'm not even in the running either:biggrinjester: (wish I had taken a pic)
ROFL -- the Stihl might be one of the coolest farkles ever attached to a V-Strom, though. "You think you've got a tough bike? I've got a chainsaw attached to mine!"

·
Registered
556 Posts
ROFL -- the Stihl might be one of the coolest farkles ever attached to a V-Strom, though. "You think you've got a tough bike? I've got a chainsaw attached to mine!"
It didn't work out for Buzzsaw, though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts