StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found a V-Strom 1000 locally on Craigslist today.

The friendly previous owner wished to get rid of the bike and his loan. We went back and forth once and he agreed to $5,200 for a 2007 blue V-Strom with only 1100 miles on it. The bike is like new. I thank the selling gentleman as I intend to ride the V many happy miles. A Givi rear box was included, too. This is only my second bike that is not a cruiser. I finally have something suitable for the gravel roads I love to ride. Getting lost is the goal, but being home for dinner is the second priority. Over the winter I will get the bike to fit me with risers and such, then take it to NC and Deals Gap next May for a proper break in.

I saw a few 1000 V-Stroms on the Alaska Highway last summer that had been across the Arctic circle twice in two weeks (to Inuvik and Prudhoe Bay) and I saw it was a heckuva of a gravel road tourer that could also do all day stints on the free way getting to the back roads. Seems like a damn good bike to me. Time will tell if it is a good bike for me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Congrats! I just got a 2007 Wee, nicely farkled with 9000 miles on friday.
similar situation, the seller needed to get out of the loan, so i got it for payoff $4500. I love the seating position. Iv had cruisers before and the vstroms riding position is soooo much better. I can stay on it for hours, even with the stock seat. im finding some dirt roads tomorrow!

-Matt

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Congrats to the both of you on your new [to you] Stroms. Welcome to the board Banjobart.

I'd say that 9,000 is very low miles and certainly 1,100 is still in diapers.

I would say to the both of you to watch your wallets! These fricken Stroms seem to swallow money. Nothing that is truly needed, just things we all think we need ;-)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Congrats to the both of you on your new [to you] Stroms. Welcome to the board Banjobart.

I'd say that 9,000 is very low miles and certainly 1,100 is still in diapers.

I would say to the both of you to watch your wallets! These fricken Stroms seem to swallow money. Nothing that is truly needed, just things we all think we need ;-)
+1 to you both. You guys got those bikes cheap enougfh that you can afford to spend some farkle bucks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Clearly their former owners didn't deserve to keep such fine motorbikes in their possession and needed to pass them on charitably to real bikers! Congrats on your bartering skills!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot and welcome! It's always great when a new inmate checks-in to this particular asylum. Post often and let us know how the two of you are getting along. Oh yeah...and from the, "My 2 Cents" section...

Recommended Next Farkle:

Two Words -- Super Brace

The difference a fork brace makes will truly surprise you. The fork legs on the Vee are spindly enough stock. My Super Brace was, by far, the best $159.00 I've spent to date. Firmed up the front end nicely for when I'm attacking the twisties as well as helping it handle road-surface irregularities much better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts