StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After almost 20 years, has Suzuki finally fixed the problems with DL 1000 and DL 1050 clutch baskets? This video goes into detail about why buying new basket to replace your worn basket isn't a permanent fix.

·
Administrator
14,068 Posts
Thanks Terry! As much as I didn't notice things wearing I knew they were and your video shows it to be the case!

(Terry told me the used 1050 basket was the one that came from my DL1050.)

..Tom

·
Registered
781 Posts
Great video. Why is chudder not an issue on the dl650, ie on account of lower torque? and is it an issue on the super tenere or Africa twin?

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great video. Why is chudder not an issue on the dl650, ie on account of lower torque? and is it an issue on the super tenere or Africa twin?
DL 650's are a different design. For instance, the steel inner plate that the springs push against in a DL 1000....isn't even in a 650. Springs just push against the aluminum. Bearing wear isn't an issue on the 650. Not to say there is not wear in them, but that simply the wear never causes enough vibrations or noises to bother with.
Have not heard of any issue with the Africa Twin.
Super Tenere Yamahas did have clutch basket problems in pre-2014 models. But Yamaha redesigned the clutch basket for 2014 and fixed the issues with them. That basket will fit in earlier models, so I quit offering modified clutch baskets for those.

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
Great video! (Watched it on my lunch break.) Now I can visualize what you did to my basket case 100 000 kms ago! Actually, I think it was even longer ago than that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts