StromTrooper banner

A long shot, but...

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  uk-vstrom 
#1 ·
My 2013 Adventure is recently experiencing something I’m not sure how to isolate the cause of. Once in a while when I go to start it, it gives me an F1 light and the fuel blocks on the dash blink sequentially. If I remove the seat and move a few wires for the aftermarket lights and a few other things, the issue goes away and it starts right up. Sometimes if I turn it off and then on, it goes away. Seems like a loose wire, but what under the seat would cause that? When it runs, it runs great and all of the add ons work fine too, including dash lights and headlights. I did most recently add an Eastern Beaver headlight relay and the McCruise system which works perfectly. Ideas? Thanks!

#2 ·
Here's a long shot answer...loose battery terminal connections (or other main ground/power connections) can cause a host of random problems.

If that's not the culprit I would start unplugging and replugging every connector I could find.

#3 ·
How old is your battery?

I had similar weird electrical problems on my old FJR. The battery voltage metered just fine, but it was a 4 year old bike at the time with the original battery, so I replaced it and all of the weird lights and warnings disappeared.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.