Strom Trooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went for a ride yesterday with pillion and top box loaded lightly rather (8kg/16lb)
and felt a little wobbly or unstable during maneuvering between cars. Is it normal for this bike?
I will try increase preload and we'll see if it will help. I know bike is relatively long so
probably any bigger weight on the back is not the best idea.

BTW, preload adjuster was removed in v-strom generation? any reason for that?
did they put progressive springs maybe?

·
Registered
290 Posts
When riding two up with gear the preload on my Strom is up to the max. With just a pillion and top box lightly loaded I would probably use 90% preload. A slight rebound damping adjustment might be required also. I presume You checked your tyre pressures. Again I run about 38psi on the rear solo but put it up to 41/42 two up.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When riding two up with gear the preload on my Strom is up to the max. With just a pillion and top box lightly loaded I would probably use 90% preload. A slight rebound damping adjustment might be required also. I presume You checked your tyre pressures. Again I run about 38psi on the rear solo but put it up to 41/42 two up.
it does have rebound adjuster? have to check that. Currently I have 31/33 front/rear and recommended on swing arm is 33/36

·
Premium Member
4,565 Posts
Currently I have 31/33 front/rear and recommended on swing arm is 33/36
too low ..try 36/42

1 - 5 of 5 Posts