Strom Trooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 08 weestrom brand new not even 1 mile on it. I have love LOVE LOVED it we have been to a cpl eatern stromtrooper rallys, rode it everywhere just about 70k. Well recently I have had the seals replaced must have been incorrectly done cause apparently was still leaking and even though I check my oil level at least once a week my engine now has a knock in it and has to be replaced. So anyone have a spare engine? Or a great deal on a new one, or even an older vee or wee for sale I'm looking at my options. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
16,730 Posts
So the mechanic or dealer isn't liable for this? Not sure an engine swap in worth it, I'm one who would be looking at another bike and parting that one out. Several bikes for sale here on the forum, no idea where you are from since profile not filled out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
that sucks.....

the oil went somewhere, either burnt up or leaked out leaving a stain. it only takes a few seconds to check the oil level and it should be done everyday you ride... at least, if not everytime you start the engine.

good luck in your search

·
Vendor
4,556 Posts
A DL1000 will part out for more money than it takes to buy a good used one.

Seat, brakes, wind screen, wheels, forks, plastic panels, luggage racks, on and on will sell pretty easily. Check Ebay for prices and the kind of things that people buy. I just bought a front brake system to put on another bike.

However, these bikes don't usually develop knocks.

Tell us more about the "knock," When does it occur, all the time or intermittent, any speed, any rpm, where is it coming from?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. If there is an oil leak, it should show up on the engine somewhere. A pix of the oil leak may help to identify the cause. Which seals did you have replaced on the engine and why where they replaced?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts