StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just purchased a Sargent seat for my K9 ABS Wee and so far it's great BUT...now I am a little higher and farther back and my once bent elbows are pretty much straight now. I'm thinking some up/back risers would do the trick and make for a more comfortable riding position. Has anyone installed them on their ABS Vee/Wee? I understand that I will have to install a new front brake line so I guess I have three ??'s:

1) Which one should I get? I've seen Rox/SW Motech, etc. Some are staticly positioned and some models are "infinitely" adjustable.

2) What kind of brake line should I get? Braided, etc? I'm assuming that I just treat the line replacement like a car line (disconnect at lower end, allow to drain, disconnect top end, replace, bleed/refill fluid?)

3) Do any of the other lines bind (clutch, throttle, electrics)? I'm thinking 1" up 1" back but I've seen even longer.

I know this is a simple thing but I'm just confused by all of the choices :confused: !!

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I like the powermadd risers but dont know about what is needed in the ABS models.
Mike

·
Registered
173 Posts
risers

I installed the GenMar risers on my non ABS K8. No mods needed. they are static as far as position. I cannot say for sure about the ABS models, but remember reading somewhere here the lines are a bit shorter and may need be replaced. Give Blair at SVracing a shout I am sure he can advise you about the lines and he has a selection to suit your needs. His service and knowledge is outstanding. hope this helps.

·
Registered
139 Posts
x2 for the powermadd! Minor tweaks to get extra wiring length but easily done. I have a thread with some pics here somewhere. Price is much better than other options which is very important as I'm Dutch!

·
Registered
705 Posts
SW Motech

1) Which one should I get? I've seen Rox/SW Motech, etc. Some are staticly positioned and some models are "infinitely" adjustable.
I have a set of SW Motech up and backs from my previous Vee. I presently have an 09 Wee abs and I can confirm that the front brake line is too short to allow these risers to be used as is. I'm at the age where I have started to pick my battles (probably should have done this years ago). I'll revisit the riser thing when (and if) I get my head around front brake mods.

·
Registered
482 Posts
ROX

Everytime this question comes up, I suggest the ROX risers. They are a better design from the standpoint of versatility and multiple positions. They are very well made, very strong, and a little cheaper than the gen-mar (which is a very robust but static design).

Being able to experiment with different positions is great.

Also, if you plan to spend time offroad, adjusting them way forward and up makes for a sweet bar location for standing up. The 3 minutes it takes is worth it - I keep a 6mm allen wrench in my tank bag. Also a 8mmx10mm combo wrench to adjust my levers. Invest a little time the first time, and it's quick every time after.

You may or may not need to get new brake lines. I would either way...braided steel makes a big difference.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys that's the exact info I was looking for. Pretty much what I expected on this forum - it's great. I'll shoot Blair a message about the line.

Spork - I think I'm on the same page about the rox and I will definitely take your advice on the adjustment for standing, I can see where the time would be well spent.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Had Rox, went to Powermadds adjustable 10 bucks cheaper and one piece so alignment is not an issue.
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts