StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

As you all know, I bought my bike at the end of June of this year. As part of the package, I purchased $1200 worth of accessories including two riding jackets, two helmets, a centerstand and a topcase and mount. Now it's how many weeks later and I still don't have the topcase!

I've been given 4 different dates with the last being the 19th of August. I called this morning and was told that the "report from Suzuki" says...."TBD" or To Be Determined!! WTF? I'm now waiting on a return call from the dealer after he hears back form Suzuki. I really want that case since it's color coordinated.

Here's the other thing....I received a 15% discount on the accessory package so if I do ask for my money back...I'll be asking for what I paid them (the topcase and the mount)....plus 15% and you KNOW that is going to fly like a lead balloon.

Any advise would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Jeff

M

·
0 Posts
You've entered into a contract with the Dealer to provide the goods and services on you invoice. If they cannot produce said goods and services they are in breach of contract. It's as simple as that. They make good, or its a deal breaker.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If you really want the color-matched Suzuki topcase, just be patient.
If you really want a topcase:
1) Ask for your money back (request the TOTAL value, since you've had to do without for so long), then buy a Givi.
2) Go to eBay and buy a cheapo Givi knockoff for $60, use it until you get your nice Suzuki one, then sell the cheapo.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Jeff,

Dealers sell motorcycles or at least should.

Now, there are a lot of places you really need to know about for accessories.

For apparel, there is http://www.newenough.com

Matter of fact they are having a closeout right now on matching men's http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/bargain_basement/power_trip/jet_black_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html and women's http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/bargain_basement/power_trip/ladies_jet_black_textile_motorcycle_jacket.html jackets. $59 for the men's and $49 for the women's.

This is a place I have dealt with and have never had any issues. All shipments are on time and very prompt. Customer is alive and well at Adventure MotoStuff LLC. You can find them at http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

In my opinion they make THE BEST mount for a trunk on the V-Strom. It moves the top case back the amount you want to. It leaves your pillion with enough room to move about. Their prices are also better than that of the dealer.

It is your decision, but I think you could do much better by cancelling your order at the dealer - in my opinion you have the right to do so - and just shop somewhere else.

Let us know how it works out for you.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Hi Guys,

As you all know, I bought my bike at the end of June of this year. As part of the package, I purchased $1200 worth of accessories including two riding jackets, two helmets, a centerstand and a topcase and mount. Now it's how many weeks later and I still don't have the topcase!

I've been given 4 different dates with the last being the 19th of August. I called this morning and was told that the "report from Suzuki" says...."TBD" or To Be Determined!! WTF? I'm now waiting on a return call from the dealer after he hears back form Suzuki. I really want that case since it's color coordinated.

Here's the other thing....I received a 15% discount on the accessory package so if I do ask for my money back...I'll be asking for what I paid them (the topcase and the mount)....plus 15% and you KNOW that is going to fly like a lead balloon.

Any advise would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Jeff
I had similar problems here in Ontario. I bougt my bike on 13 May 2007 and ordered the topcase and rack at the same time. It was all paid for at that time. The rack showed up in 2 days and was installed on the bike when I picked it up at the dealership. The topcae was a different story. Initially I was told 2 weeks and then 4 weeks, and finally 01 July. On 02 July that changed to TBD, which as you know is never a good sign. In mid July the date became 31 July 2007. The case actually arrived on 10 August 2007. The dealer thanked me for being patient and it was suggested that this was the longest anybody had ever had to wait for anything from Suzuki at this dealership. It is worth the wait. The Topcase is made by Soft, which in reality is a subsidiary of Givi. It fits perfectly, looks great, and is highly functional. Be patient, it will arrive.

SS

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had similar problems here in Ontario. I bougt my bike on 13 May 2007 and ordered the topcase and rack at the same time. It was all paid for at that time. The rack showed up in 2 days and was installed on the bike when I picked it up at the dealership. The topcae was a different story. Initially I was told 2 weeks and then 4 weeks, and finally 01 July. On 02 July that changed to TBD, which as you know is never a good sign. In mid July the date became 31 July 2007. The case actually arrived on 10 August 2007. The dealer thanked me for being patient and it was suggested that this was the longest anybody had ever had to wait for anything from Suzuki at this dealership. It is worth the wait. The Topcase is made by Soft, which in reality is a subsidiary of Givi. It fits perfectly, looks great, and is highly functional. Be patient, it will arrive.

SS
After reading everyone's input (thanks all), I decided to TRY and be patient. I've known all along that it was Suzuki and not the dealer's issue so the guy I've been talking to get have an irate idiot on the other end of his phone. I do contracts for a living so I'm fairly aware of their obligations contract-wise....but for Gods sake, I don't want to grow old waiting either.

They gave me a new date at the end of this month and I actually felt bad for the guy that had to call me cause he was nervous as hell on the [hone like he was just waiting for me to rip him a new one<LOL>.

I bought the stuff from the dealer cause I had already had done my homework and knew exactly what the stuff cost over the net....I did find and bookmark some pretty cheap places for future use. With the discount that I got as part of the whole package....each item was cheaper then had I bought them somewhere else. It does pay to do your homework! When i went into the dealer the first time, I already knew exactly what I was willing to pay hime for both the bike and the accessories....it was simply their choice if they wanted the sale or if I was going to leave.....the salesman couldn't believe him when I laid out the spreadsheet with the list, buy and MY pay prices already filled in. He took it to the owner and the owner came back and we chatted for a few minutes. Then he pissed and moaned about how badly I was killing him<LOL> and I reminded him that I was a customer ready to buy so that a little loss was better then no sale for a bike he'd had for 7 months on his floor.....he was a piece of cake<LOL>.

So I'll wait and see....and hope.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would find out the president or CEO of Suzuki and send him a message.

Why not? Might piss him off? So what.

Make sure you speak well of your local guys and cc them.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would find out the president or CEO of Suzuki and send him a message.

Why not? Might piss him off? So what.

Make sure you speak well of your local guys and cc them.
Frenchie,

Naw, I also belong to a SLK forum and some of the guys and gals have done that with mercedes to no avail. They always had better results with regional connections then higher up....and remember that there, we're talking about folks that have spent anywhere from 40K up to 60K and they still get nothing from the "heads of state" at mercedes! In fact, one guy has problems with a 100K AMG version of a similar model that has huge problems and mercedes offered to settle with him only if he agrees not to buy another mercedes for ten years!! He posted the letter he received from them. Thankfully, nothing has ever broke on my car and it's one of the reasons I stroked a check for a 3rd party bumper to bumper warranty.....

I'm a little guy so I'll talk with their little guys and hopefully, one day, my topcase will come....think I should click my heels together 3 times? <LOL>

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts