StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am eagerly waiting for my 12 Adventure model. I keep hearing all this great feedback on the 12 and cant wait to get on it and ride.. There is one that could be delivered as early as Tuesday. There is one other person ahead of me on the pecking order that frequents this forum that just might, maybe , hopefully get a call tomorrow saying there bike is on the way...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Damn, I hope so. I've had a deposit on an adventure model since early December. And I'd like to get the first dealer maintenance out of the way before my planned Spring trips.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Damn, I hope so. I've had a deposit on an adventure model since early December. And I'd like to get the first dealer maintenance out of the way before my planned Spring trips.
I would skip that... Surely you can change the oil & filter, add air to your tires, check other fluid levels, adjust the clutch freeplay... etc, etc...yourself, can't you? Save your money... My bikes only see the shop when/if I need a valve adjustment....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Adv. (Sh,, or get off the pot.)

Fellas, I'm the same boat as ya'll. I too, have been waiting since Dec. At the IMS cycle show in Dallas, one of the Suzuki reps. made a phone call, and told me that the adv. models were in the distb. centers.(?????) I won't tell you his name. My bike is paid in full. Keep us posted if any are released.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fellas, I'm the same boat as ya'll. I too, have been waiting since Dec. At the IMS cycle show in Dallas, one of the Suzuki reps. made a phone call, and told me that the adv. models were in the distb. centers.(?????) I won't tell you his name. My bike is paid in full. Keep us posted if any are released.
i was just told yesterday that all 2012 models are not to be released due to the recall... the dealer said up to a month...WTH....:furious:

·
Registered
17 Posts
The dealer put in the new switch for me in a matter of minutes. The recall shouldn't slow anything down for more than a few days...if any.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would skip that... Surely you can change the oil & filter, add air to your tires, check other fluid levels, adjust the clutch freeplay... etc, etc...yourself, can't you? Save your money... My bikes only see the shop when/if I need a valve adjustment....
What? Of course I do that already. I just mean the initial 600 mile check. Particularly throttle body adjustment and valve checks. And I would like a pro mechanic to look it over anyway because I might miss something unexpected.

·
Registered
211 Posts
What? Of course I do that already. I just mean the initial 600 mile check. Particularly throttle body adjustment and valve checks. And I would like a pro mechanic to look it over anyway because I might miss something unexpected.
I am a mechanic, work on over the road trucks, high pressure blast pumps, transfer cases and ect... I had my first service done by a well liked dealership. It was out of my way to do that but I think it is better. Unless you work on motorcycles everyday I think the first service should be done by a professional and it is better for the warranty also IMO.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Document your work by date and mileage and keep receipts for oil, filters, etc. and the warranty is valid.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i was just told yesterday that all 2012 models are not to be released due to the recall... the dealer said up to a month...WTH....:furious:
Something must have cleared up somewhere--my bike arrives at the dealer next Thursday and I pick it up Friday the 24th.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My dealer just called and said" Megan said the avd. model will ship today from Industry, CA. and it should be here late next week." HB
My dealer called and he has my VIN # so it looks like it will happen next week. Glory, glory.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Also, Mike at Aurora Suzuki just called to say that there's a VIN number with my name on it! So I should have a 2012 Adventure by early next week.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTR you should be getting a call today some time!!! congrats man!

haha funny i didnt see your post..

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
IIRC, people who put deposits on the Tenere had to wait months and months for their bikes to finally arrive. I think the tsunami was the cause... Man, I would be having kittens if I had money on a new bike and had to wait for it!

·
Registered
302 Posts
There's no throttle body adjustment or valve check at the 600 mile service. AFAIK - the 600 mile service includes:

Changed oil, filter & washer
Inspect oil filter
Topped off fluids
Lubed & adjusted drive chain
Lubed & adjusted cables
Lubed pivot points
Torqued chassis bolts & nuts
Torqued steering bolts & nuts
Torqued exhaust bolts & nuts
Checked suspension components
Checked electrical components
Checked cooling system
Checked hoses & clamps
Checked tire pressure & tread
Checked brake pads & rotors
Checked fuel system
Checked evap system

According to this thread. I don't have my service manual in front of me at the moment, but I recall checking when my bike was due for its 600 mile service it and seeing basically the same thing, so I did my own service and just kept the receipt for the oil and filter.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Okay, so that's not as extensive as I recall, then. The throttle/valve stuff are the items I have the dealer do, in any case. Whatever, it's free and it's a professional checkup.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts