1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
578 Posts
Did anyone else notice that after big bear tells the kid to follow the bike he pulls out and pretty much u-turns without his indicator.....

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I had a close call last night.. reminded me of this video haha. Pretty much the exact same scenario! I JUST missed, and if it wasn't for ABS it would have been bad! She was turning into a gas station, I turned around and went back to yell at her... I was really upset... closest call I've ever had!

On the bright side the brakes on the V2 are UNREAL good :) You better be hanging on when you clamp down on them!

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Glad your O.K. Tenny!

I thought that was a very well made video, and one to be shared with all who will watch. Ride safe all.:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
These types of Videos should really be seen by everyone regularly on TV as a community service...just so that this reality will eventually sink in.

Education is more about actual realization, most people go out in their cars not ever wanting to do anyone any harm, but these days with modern cars and all the distractions within, it's easy to have one's attention diverted from what they are supposed to be doing...Driving and operating a motor vehicle.

Here in Australia, our Government places adverts on TVs in regards to driving whilst fatigued and that it kills more drivers than any other situation, including drink driving and like this video, never shows the impact but it's well known what the outcome was.

Cheers for posting this video, i've sent and placed it on my facebook page to be reposted nearly every week.

Cheers

wobbly_boot

Dave

·
Registered
86 Posts
I think there's something here for us as well as the cagers. Always expect the unexpected and cover that brake lever at possible intrusions. That car, no matter how stiffly sprung, is going to give an indication of direction either by slowing slightly or tipping the nose indicating a change of wheel direction. Further, riding in the right lane would have given each person a fraction more time to react and prevent a collision.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Excellent video!! I guess the original is made in the U.S.??
Anybody knows where I can get it?

DOL Motorcycle Awareness — A Second Look
This video, created by the Washington Motorcycle Safety Program, follows a teen driver as a motorcyclist helps the driver learn about safer choices while sharing the road with motorcyclists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b3T7u4ZJ1Y

1 - 10 of 10 Posts