StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The lack of used 2014's on the market makes me think people are very happy with their bikes so far. Usually there are always people that buy in, then change their minds.

I keep poking around but haven't seen a single used one yet.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Not the case with the Super Tenere. Even though I'm a happy owner I think its still early yet. The haven't been out in the states that long.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I pick up my second hand 2014 next saturday in Christchurch NZ.
Has done 1800km and has a topbox heated grips and a givi airflow. Plus is cheaper. Yay, me!

·
Registered
631 Posts
The lack of used 2014's on the market makes me think people are very happy with their bikes so far.
To me, that's not a good indicator. There haven't been that many sold yet, relatively speaking. And once owners realize how much money they are going to lose on a trade in (especially those who were financed by the dealer) or selling one outright, that aspect causes them to hang on to it, to try to make it work or see if the bike grows on them.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Here in the UK the only second-hand ones for sale that I've seen are ex demo bikes, one of which is up for just under £8000, with our RRP of £10 000. I'm glad I don't need to sell one.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Our local dealers just got the first new ones and I don't see anyone getting in fist fights to buy them.
Its one thing to be enthusiastic about a new model but we might want more realistic data before we decide what it means on the used market.
Frankly I think they will be like every other VStrom, discounted when new, low priced when used. Its not like you're buying anything that people are going to get all freaky about buying when used, steady maybe, but not freaky.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts